Do freestanding heavy bags suck?

They definitely suck..... Phone Post

Yep they suck. Phone Post

Amber's defensive skills seem to be lacking. She keeps forgetting to tuck in her chins.

FOTN - Amber's defensive skills seem to be lacking. She keeps forgetting to tuck in her chins.
XD Phone Post

Find me a video of a boxing contender or champion using one and I'll try it.....lol

I hear she has a fantastic Crossaint Kick Phone Post

FOTN - ...In all fairness I hear her spinning cankle kick is deadly though.
Awesome.. Phone Post

LOL that video is awesome!!haha

I had a free standing bag when I lived in an apartment so was unable to set up the heavy bag due to the damage it may have caused to building.

First of all it moved nothing like the one in the video. It is good but you have to use it differently than a typical heavy bag. My bag had a bit of give too so was good for high-low combos etc but not too good for straight boxing combos.

For example jab-straight you you would jab and slightly delay the straight. A pain but again if you use it sensibly, you will get get good use out of it.

Also I never ever knocked it over as once the base is filled you can go full force and most it does is shuffle and maybe lift a little when you are going hammer and tongs.

A great space saver and perfect if you live in property that you rent etc but it is typically a lot more expensive than your standard heavy bag.

Ideal conditions/space etc I would always advise the heavy bag but we do not always have ideal conditions.

Not every free standing bag is the same but my first one had a metal bar inside it and I got every one of my friends(at different times) to give it a flying/jumping downward elbow TonyJaa/Beastman style with hilarious consequences as the humerus(funny bone) clattered it!! haha I only knew as I was doing my Ong-Bak moves when I first purchased it only to be taught a lesson by my bag!

It's okay... I much prefer a hanging heavy bag Phone Post

Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew - LOL that video is awesome!!haha

I had a free standing bag when I lived in an apartment so was unable to set up the heavy bag due to the damage it may have caused to building.

First of all it moved nothing like the one in the video. It is good but you have to use it differently than a typical heavy bag. My bag had a bit of give too so was good for high-low combos etc but not too good for straight boxing combos.

For example jab-straight you you would jab and slightly delay the straight. A pain but again if you use it sensibly, you will get get good use out of it.

Also I never ever knocked it over as once the base is filled you can go full force and most it does is shuffle and maybe lift a little when you are going hammer and tongs.

A great space saver and perfect if you live in property that you rent etc but it is typically a lot more expensive than your standard heavy bag.

Ideal conditions/space etc I would always advise the heavy bag but we do not always have ideal conditions.

Not every free standing bag is the same but my first one had a metal bar inside it and I got every one of my friends(at different times) to give it a flying/jumping downward elbow TonyJaa/Beastman style with hilarious consequences as the humerus(funny bone) clattered it!! haha I only knew as I was doing my Ong-Bak moves when I first purchased it only to be taught a lesson by my bag!

LOLOLOL we had a kid at the gym years ago, who fights with headbutts and stuff in Burma now. Anyway, he is like 16 and his first girlfriend comes in with him. We had this standing sort of bag on a spring, but in the middle, it was a metal vertical bar. Kid throws a lowish middle kick and his shin goes right into the metal pole.

He screams and is trying to keep it together in front of his girlfriend, and I am trying to protect his dignity, but I fail. I started laughing, girl starts laughing, whole rooom is dying. Poor guy is rolling on the ground yelling :-)

MahatmaPetey - You're a free-standing heavy bag. Phone Post
Take it back!!!! Phone Post

SeeEsDub -  I hear she has a fantastic Crossaint Kick Phone Post

hiioooooo!1!1 haha

My god this 2nd degree black belt! Phone Post

I enjoy my B.O.B.  Granted, it's not quite a heavy bag, but I like it. 

UGCTT_Zaph -  I enjoy my B.O.B.  Granted, it's not quite a heavy bag, but I like it. 

UGCTT_Zaph -  I enjoy my B.O.B.  Granted, it's not quite a heavy bag, but I like it. 

I give more credit to BOB dummies than standing bags

Newaza freak - Find me a video of a boxing contender or champion using one and I'll try it.....lol

Ummm, dude, I did that. Don't you listen? 2nd degree. Black belt. Olympic Tae Kwon Do.

UG drives me crazy sometimes.

I do not like freestanding heavy bags at all. You can't move around the bag right, you can't weave under it... they move all around in an unnatural way depending on what kind you get.... CAN'T STAND IT!!! It's like FAKE EQUIPMENT!  Same thing with double end bags and speed bags.  Standing double end bags are the most worthless pieces of equipment i've ever laid eyes upon. I don't know what you're supposed to be doing with those things LOL, but nahhhh... waste of money. The speed bags that you get with those home gyms (with heavy bag etc) are also terrible. They don't react properly, it's like hitting a fake speed bag! 

They don't work!  Go with old school heavy bags hanging, speed bags need a real solid base, a REAL swivel and a reactive bag to really make you work, and a double end bag needs literally to have 2 screws on the ground, two in the ceiling and a reactive bunjie for at least one end. if it doesn't move fast, it's not real and it's a waste of time.

Just my opinion.

All free-standing bags suck. The B.O.B is the best of the lot, but if you have any power, you'll need to put sand in the base- which will be almost impossible to get out again- and you'll kill the dummy on top of it in relatively short order. Bag stands get knocked over easy as anything, even with weights at the corners. If you're going to go that route, make sure you have the ability to bolt it down. Like maybe yes for inside a garage with a concrete floor, maybe not so much in your living or extra bedroom. Phone Post

DanCrase -

I give more credit to BOB dummies than standing bags

Agree love my bob and if u throw a hoodie and hat on them n leave it strategically placed, one f the best pranks ever. (note almost gave grandma a heart attack be careful) Phone Post