Do Hitmen Exist?

I have seen on the news cops pose as "undercover hitmen" to bust spouses paying someone to kill their wife / husband.

Do hitmen really exist though, or is it blown out of proportion thanks to Hollywood? I just cannot see how a hitman could make a steady living on whacking people off....It's not like they are called upon alot, right?

I am just interested on the topic. Always liked reading on mob / organized crime.

Pic thread related I guess...

Richard Kulkinski is real. Whether his numbers are inflated, I don't know. But he killed people for money. A lot of others in organized crime have killed people for money.

But as far as professional assassins, why fuck around? Just call yourself a "security contractor" and work for a private army.

good question, youd have to look at Richard Kuklinski...i still wonder how much he actually made per hit but it must have been a lot to keep his family going for many years..

kuklinski took orders from his mafia bosses though so he is much different than these supposed hitmen you see that get hired on tv..ive always wondered how you would even begin to network to hire a hit-man in the first place without drawing a ton of unwanted attention?i mean, ive hung out and been around some shady people in the past but i would have no idea where to hire an actual hit-man..

like you said, if these hit-men exist how much do they charge?it would have to be a minimum of $30k id think and how do they know they arent being set up by LE?it would seem like a very terrible/risky profession to have..

Yes they are real.

WELL YOUR MOM DOES PAY ME TO COME BY AND HIT IT.............SO YEAH...........I'M A HITMAN.....................

That's why I would assume the highest caliber pros would be legit or affiliated with organized crime. Steadiest work and the least chance of being ratted out. Most murders are done by someone who knows the victim, so your likelihood of being caught is much lower if you're good at it. We don't like to admit it, but we don't catch most serial killers.

In.

absolutely yes they do

Mafia "hit men" are just regular made guys or soldiers. Usually they don't get paid extra, it's just part of their job. Some are better than others at it and get asked more often. They may get a bonus or something for doing it, but most of their income still comes from gambling, loansharking and shit like that. Even Kuklinski made most of his money that way. Plus he was so full of shit it's laughable.

As far as guys who just strictly kill people, yeah, they exist. But not like on TV. Phone Post 3.0

Without a doubt yes.

Some Hasiddic slum lord here in NY was into the Russian mob for a huge chunk of change, they found him dead in a dumpster lit on fire.

"Whacking people off"???

How much, OP?

Laziest LA Clippers owner eva.

It's always scary seeing the stories of wives trying to hire hitmen to kill their husband. They seem so relaxed about it. Phone Post 3.0

Absolutely. No organized crime syndicate can be taken seriously without a few guys who are willing to get their hands dirty.

I know a guy, he'll wack you off with both hands

I'm sure the CIA / NSA have some off book operations. Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure the cartel has hitmen Phone Post 3.0

DaveFu - Richard Kulkinski is real. Whether his numbers are inflated, I don't know. But he killed people for money. A lot of others in organized crime have killed people for money.

But as far as professional assassins, why fuck around? Just call yourself a "security contractor" and work for a private army.
Exactly, they exist, but the kind portrayed in the movies are actually legal and not a secret. Phone Post 3.0

I make a good living whacking people off.

Not hard to drum up business really. Phone Post 3.0