Do I gotta start dressing up to go to food trucks?

I thought the point was to get quick fun food at a decent price but all the newer ones around me are getting up to restaurant prices.   Do you have any around you with prices like this and would you pay sit down prices for lawn food?  Don't want seagulls stealing my gnocchi 

https://www.truffletruckusa.com/truck-menu?utm_content=68380194&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

15 - 20 dollar fancy italian meals out of a truck? That's like the polar opposite of the little mexican dude selling giant 4 dollar tacos.

PeteyWheatstraw - 15 - 20 dollar fancy italian meals out of a truck? That's like the polar opposite of the little mexican dude selling giant 4 dollar tacos.

I knew this would upset you!

I've never had truffles or at least not knowingly.  Are they even good or is it an availability/price thing where if they were abundant and cheap no one would care for them?

That is some serious hipster shit to pay higher end prices to eat out of a truck.

Vindell -

That is some serious hipster shit to pay higher end prices to eat out of a truck.

We have a fucking creme brûlée cart made from dude on a bicycle, a marshmallow cart,  a pb&j truck, a truck for just coffee.....

you have no idea the hipster levels achieved 

"I've never had truffles or at least not knowingly. Are they even good or is it an availability/price thing where if they were abundant and cheap no one would care for them?"

Never had truffles either. I think that would really up your "Rich, trendy, white person" status. If you enjoyed truffles, then you could recommended them to all the other white people at the creative agency. Then you could all go back to the truffle truck with your MacBooks and talk about how sharing truffles sparks positive synergy.

Girly, where are you in Maine? I'm in Nashua nh and to to the coast alot but stay on the portsmouth side.

Vindell - 

this. 

there a few food truck nights around where i live and to feed my wife and i as well as our two boys (11 and 14) it's an easy 50-60 bucks at some of these trucks. fucking ridiculous.

meanwhile, at the carwash i go to on saturday mornings i get to eat at the mexican food truck that serves a gigantic breakfast burrito for 5 bucks before the carwash opens. and the company is better too.

Thebonfirexm - Girly, where are you in Maine? I'm in Nashua nh and to to the coast alot but stay on the portsmouth side.

In Portlandia jr

I love Portsmouth.  Like a small Portland without zombie addicts 

But you also get to stand around like an asshole for 40 minutes while they make your food! 

I'd dismiss any place, food truck or not, that includes truffles in everything.

I thought truffles were a trend that became a gimmick and ended years ago.

$10 for a plate, entree and at least one side, and a can of soda is reasonable. Anything more and it should be brick and mortar with a wait staff.

clattymine -

But you also get to stand around like an asshole for 40 minutes while they make your food! 

This. The wait for food trucks is insane. F that

Those prices are cheap. 

never liked food trucks.

Overpriced mediocre food.

The movie "chef" about a good truck is great

DuffyLaCoronilla - 

Those prices are cheap. 

I'd guess the same meals at a restaurant would be like 25% more. Even if the food is of the fancy variety, it's still truck food so they gotta drop the price.

Only faggots, hipsters, and soy boys would pay anything north of 15$ to eat food served from a truck 

Boston has a big ‘fusion gormet truck’ thing going. Like a Mexican-Thai truck will be outside my work. And the guy spends his night as a 5 star chef. I always skipped. 

There was one though that would put ribeyes in a meat grinder and make these killer burgers. Awesome food. 

They have it here every friday on chatsworth. The prices are fucking retarded, portions are small and some of them are oddley assholes. Sure it tastes good but not 45 minute wait and $50 to get full