Do not rule out Carolina...

Eagles fans beware...

Carolina is on the prowl...

It is the Eagles fan worst nightmare... A good running team and corners that will ass rape their recievers!!

Look out!

yeah i posted that yesterday in the superbowl picks that they are my sleeper superbowl team.

If I was an Eagles fan I would want to make sure I didn't see Carolina in the playoffs...

are you threatening jake delhome?

I like the Panthers. What is the status on Foster and Davis. If either comes back the Panthers have to be considered as one of the top teams in the NFC.

As an Eagles fan, the Panthers scare me more than any other team in the NFC.

However, the corners didn't exactly ass rape the receivers the last time they played. It's a big difference from last year.

Well, with receivers like Todd the PUSSY Pinkston, it really doesn't matter who is covering the guy. I do not understand why everyone thinks "this year is different, the Eagles receivers won't get pushed around." Look at what happened against Pit, and their secondary is the weakness of the team. I'm sorry man, I just do not think we have seen the true Eagles, they have had NO adversity all year, I think that will come back to get them in the playoffs. Also, we can't really judge TO's attitude due to the fact the Eagles have played sub par competition all year. If I were an Eagle fan I would be worried about the following.

1) The run defense, play a team like Pit, NE, even Denver and you are going to have problems stopping the run.

2) TO's attitude. If he isn't getting what he wants in playoffs and the Eagles are struggling that would be a bad time for a TO drama break down.

3) The fact you really haven't had any adversity this year so its hard to judge how a team bounces back, I think this is a big one, when the chips are down in the playoffs or Super Bowl how will Philly respond?

4) They need a more consistant running game to even be able to play with Pit or NE, if Philly plays the way they have been, just throwing the ball all the time, it will be a short game for the Philly offense.

Before posting my response, remember what I said...(a) Carolina scares me and (b) I referenced the game the Eagles played with their receivers this year, including Pinkston.

In other words, the reason I think "this year, it will be different" is because it was different....this year.

1) The run defense, play a team like Pit, NE, even Denver and you are going to have problems stopping the run.

The Eagles run defense has improved dramatically since the Pittsburgh game. I agree it's a weakness, but it's not as glaring as it was in the beginning.

The Eagles don't need to worry about Pittsburgh or New England until (knock on wood) the Superbowl. They do not need to worry about Denver at all. (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

2) TO's attitude. If he isn't getting what he wants in playoffs and the Eagles are struggling that would be a bad time for a TO drama break down.

Blah blah blah. People have been saying this all year. T.O. has been a MODEL teammate. The rest of the players praise him non-stop, even during the Pittsburgh game.

3) The fact you really haven't had any adversity this year so its hard to judge how a team bounces back, I think this is a big one, when the chips are down in the playoffs or Super Bowl how will Philly respond?

Did you see the Baltimore game? Last week's Washington game? The Eagles have won tight games, and have won games where they needed to change their strategy due to being countered.

4) They need a more consistant running game to even be able to play with Pit or NE, if Philly plays the way they have been, just throwing the ball all the time, it will be a short game for the Philly offense.

I would like the Eagles to have a power back, certainly. I'd love for them to have been able to kill the clock at the end of the Washington game last week. However, their offense seems to be doing just fine with its current strategy.

...Add to that the fact that the new rules on contact down the field is so favorable to smaller wideouts that it may as well be called "the Pinkston Rule", and I think I am perfectly justified in saying "it's different this year."

"The Eagles run defense has improved dramatically since the Pittsburgh game. I agree it's a weakness, but it's not as glaring as it was in the beginning."

Teams do not run the ball on you due to the fact you get up on them and they are forced to pass. That and the best rushing teams in the NFL are all in the AFC, Jet, Ravens, Denver, Chiefs, Pats, Pit, Colts, SD, etc. Your run defense is better due to you being ahead of people and them being forced to throw the ball and a lack of good opponets.

"Blah blah blah. People have been saying this all year. T.O. has been a MODEL teammate. The rest of the players praise him non-stop, even during the Pittsburgh game."

As I said, its easy when you are winning and McNabb is throwing the ball to you all game. Didn't he and McNabb have a little problem during the Pit game, and you can use the excuse of "TO was just pumping him up" all you want, but I think deep down, we both know that wasn't the case. We have only seen the TO that is happy, the second he McNabb starts giving other receivers more looks, or TO gets shut down for a few games we will see just how model of a teammate he is. As for now, he has a pretty big history of being a good teammate when things go well and a bad one when things do not, the jury is still out.

"Did you see the Baltimore game? Last week's Washington game? The Eagles have won tight games, and have won games where they needed to change their strategy due to being countered."

Yea I saw a Baltimore team minus their best offensive player in Jamal Lewis, the best OLmen in the league Jonathan Ogden, and their biggest receiving threat damn near beat you in your own house. Put those three players on the field and its a different game. As far as Washington, you have to be fuggin kidding me. That team is horrible. If they had anything that resembled an offense they would win the division. They made a bad trade for Portis, Brunell got a bunch of money and is over the hill and they have nobody to play aside of Coles. What I have seen out of the Eagles this year is a team who does what they are suppoed to, dominate shitty teams, that is a good thing for them. But, I have not seen you play and beat an "AFC" playoff quality football team, and I have also seen the Eagles get smashed in every way against eh Steelers. I'm telling you, when the Eagles play a team that can run the ball and play defense, they will get beat handedly again. When they can't get a lead and force a team to shoot it out with them they are in big trouble. They are the class of a very weak NFC though and should make it to the Super Bowl.

I agree with everything 303 said..