Do religious people lie more than atheists?

Just if they want money.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0165176513004126 Phone Post

Yes.

Everyone is born an atheist until their parents brainwash them.

Sin on Monday, repent on Sunday. Phone Post

Type R - Yes.

Came here to say this

BEChaelSonnen - Their whole life is a lie. So. Yes. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

To themselves maybe.

Type R - Yes.

Correct.

BEChaelSonnen - Their whole life is a lie. So. Yes. Phone Post 3.0
Came to post this word for word haha Phone Post 3.0

Something I have noticed is that women who cheat on their husbands are strangely much more likely to be avid church goers. Just a small sample size of Long Island women but enough to cause me to see it as a trend.

Who gives a fuck what anyone is born with.

Nobody is less informed then an infant.

There is no evidence for the concept of the supernatural.

It's been my experience in business that the more outwardly, conspicuously religious a person is, they are almost always the most shady, deceitful, unscrupulous lying fucks to walk the earth.

The harder they thump that bible for all to see and hear, the farther away you should keep them.

absolutely. religious people are the biggest fucking liars there are. some of my own family members are good examples. praise the lord and rob, cheat and steal.

Yes. Religitards lie to themselves Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - So RB: people are born with a propensity to believe scary and super natural things? Imma clicky clicky on the links at a later time but that's what it seems you are stating. Phone Post 3.0

People are born with a propensity to fill in what they don't understand with supernatural flights of fancy.  If there were an actual god and we were all born with the propensity to believe in and worship such a god, there wouldn't be a gazillion different gods that people invented.  Everyone would believe in the existence of the same god.  

"It is nice to see that you are finally admitting that people are not born atheists. "

Huh??  When did I ever say anything that would lead you to that conclusion?  People are absolutely born atheists.   

"I guess the weight of the scientific evidence finally swamped your ideology."

There is no scientific evidence that contradicts the fact that people are born atheists. 

It's farcical claiming that because so many people believe in their indocintrination - no matter what God they are indoctrinated with that means everyone is born religious... Such fluid logic!

It's laughable. Folks like RB are more than happy to preach the gospel on how evil Islam is - until it comes to a question about being 'born religious' and then suddenly he loves those guys, their peers and like minded folks!

All stats show in terms of the majority of humans believing in some kind of religion is human's propensity to believe what they are told. The end.

Ridgeback -
Type R - Yes.

It is funny that people keep repeating this when all the evidence goes the other way.  In fact, the deeper scientists study the question of belief, the more it appears that belief is hardwired going back into an animal past.  Children are born with a propensity for God beliefs.  The specifics will be filled in by culture, but just like children develop a fear of snakes far more easily than other animals, the tendency is already in place.  

I suggest you watch a youtube video on belief by Graham Ward.  He goes over all the recent science on the subject and then you can track down the studies from there.  I can assure you that you couldn't be more wrong and you should try to keep up with scientific discoveries even if they contradict your beliefs.

It would depend on what you think in terms of epistemology. I think we are born knowing nothing. So, you are taught everything, including religion. It isn't intrinsic . I can assure you that. I guess my parents believe in god but I never had too to church. I did as a teenager because of my gf. It was boring and didn't move me in any way. For me, it isn't a priori knowledge. I know religious people love to think that but it isn't true. God, religion and anything associated with mystic things does not move me at all. I'm generally apathetic about the whole thing. I think it's funny and sad. That's my favorite kind of funny. Phone Post 3.0

So I'm saying we are born religiously ignorant and apathetic. I doubt we believe or don't believe anything at birth. That's closer to atheism than believing in god. Honestly, I think that it isn't either of those. It's a better, more pure state until that state is corrupted by fiction. Phone Post 3.0

As much as I like having ridiculous debates about religion...this is getting ridiculous! Enough already. Post some funny gifs and hot chicks!

Ridgeback - 
Type R - Yes.

It is funny that people keep repeating this when all the evidence goes the other way.  In fact, the deeper scientists study the question of belief, the more it appears that belief is hardwired going back into an animal past.  Children are born with a propensity for God beliefs.  The specifics will be filled in by culture, but just like children develop a fear of snakes far more easily than other animals, the tendency is already in place.  

I suggest you watch a youtube video on belief by Graham Ward.  He goes over all the recent science on the subject and then you can track down the studies from there.  I can assure you that you couldn't be more wrong and you should try to keep up with scientific discoveries even if they contradict your beliefs.

you are fucking hilarious.