Do we even need high school anymore?

Segregate the shitty, disruptive students from the students that actually behave and want to learn into seperate Put them in seperate sides of the building even.

Get rid of tenureship.  Hold lazy teachers accountable.

No cell phones in >

Get rid of the no child left behind BS and standardized testing.

Stop bussing students into diff school districts.

Find a way to force lazy, shit-ass parents to take accountability for their lazy, shit-ass children's education.

Teachers should be forbidden from sharing their personal political views and assigning work that reinforces one particular political ideology.

Far less time spent on soft sciences and more time spent on STEM subjects.

Stop teaching one segment of the student body to hate themselves and stop teaching all students to hate their country/culture.

GET RID OF THE SELF-ESTEEM MOVEMENT AND MOVE TO A MODEL OF SELF-ACCOUNTABILITY AND SELF-ACTUALIZATION.

That is a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcM8r5LoQMU

dangerboy12 - 
Homelander - 

FRAT - I don't think we need even more socially maladjusted young adults, but yeah most don't need to be in school to learn with the resources these days.

Yup, there’s a big problem. Yes, it’s very important to understand how to act socially, and that comes from being around other people.

However, there is no correlation these days to public school and the adult world, unless you live in a shitty area, have shitty friends and a shitty job.

The bad kids DOMINATE the school experience these days. Especially in class. They negatively influence otherwise good kids, they disrupt teaching, they make “normal” kids feel uneasy and unsafe.

Thus, you have a whole generation of kids who still don’t know how to interact with people after finishing school. And their education sucks.

My model would be to separate the necessary social experiences of high school - which you would get through mandated, in-person group and sport activities, which could include organized team sports, individual sports, music, band, any special interest club a kid wants to form and can get more than two people to sign up for, outdoor activity clubs (hiking, backpacking, fishing, hunting), vocational clubs (learn metalworking, woodworking, car repair, construction skills, etc., under the sponsorship of local businesses and corporations), etc. If there is a need to have the kids out of the house and in a controlled environment while parents are at work, you could do these from, say 0900 (studies show teens do better in learning if they sleep later) to 1 or so, with the afternoons given over to distance learning, either at home or for those who don't have parents at home, in school facilities, maybe with in-person tutors nearby. 

Dashabox - 

Segregate the shitty, disruptive students from the students that actually behave and want to learn into seperate Put them in seperate sides of the building even.

No cell phones in >

Find a way to force lazy, shit-ass parents to take accountability for their lazy, shit-ass children's education.

Teachers should be forbidden from sharing their personal political views and assigning work that reinforces one particular political ideology.

Stop teaching one segment of the student body to hate themselves and stop teaching all students to hate their country/culture.

GET RID OF THE SELF-ESTEEM MOVEMENT AND MOVE TO A MODEL OF SELF-ACCOUNTABILITY AND SELF-ACTUALIZATION.

That is a start.

I can't disagree with any of that.

We need WAY smaller more talented teachers, and zero tolerance for shit head kids who don’t want to learn. 

Yes

![](upload://sVZq536HAfuEHZI0TvIWoeMSFMv.gif)

ABCTT_Kenny Blankenship - 

We need WAY smaller more talented teachers, and zero tolerance for shit head kids who don’t want to learn. 

i think big teachers are ok, but they do need to be talented.

The Stewed Owl -
dangerboy12 - 
Homelander - 

FRAT - I don't think we need even more socially maladjusted young adults, but yeah most don't need to be in school to learn with the resources these days.

Yup, there’s a big problem. Yes, it’s very important to understand how to act socially, and that comes from being around other people.

However, there is no correlation these days to public school and the adult world, unless you live in a shitty area, have shitty friends and a shitty job.

The bad kids DOMINATE the school experience these days. Especially in class. They negatively influence otherwise good kids, they disrupt teaching, they make “normal” kids feel uneasy and unsafe.

Thus, you have a whole generation of kids who still don’t know how to interact with people after finishing school. And their education sucks.

My model would be to separate the necessary social experiences of high school - which you would get through mandated, in-person group and sport activities, which could include organized team sports, individual sports, music, band, any special interest club a kid wants to form and can get more than two people to sign up for, outdoor activity clubs (hiking, backpacking, fishing, hunting), vocational clubs (learn metalworking, woodworking, car repair, construction skills, etc., under the sponsorship of local businesses and corporations), etc. If there is a need to have the kids out of the house and in a controlled environment while parents are at work, you could do these from, say 0900 (studies show teens do better in learning if they sleep later) to 1 or so, with the afternoons given over to distance learning, either at home or for those who don't have parents at home, in school facilities, maybe with in-person tutors nearby. 

Individual sports are underrated.

The bottom line is that people need to learn to be coachable and the only way to do that is by being coached.  Like you said sports, music, etc.

Many young adults, who have never been coached, take it personally when they're in real jobs and being coached by their managers.  They don't want advice on how to improve because they already know everything about everything.

I No Kung Foo - 
The Stewed Owl -
dangerboy12 - 
Homelander - 

Individual sports are underrated.

The bottom line is that people need to learn to be coachable and the only way to do that is by being coached.  Like you said sports, music, etc.

Many young adults, who have never been coached, take it personally when they're in real jobs and being coached by their managers.  They don't want advice on how to improve because they already know everything about everything.

A lot of kids would benefit from a DECA type program where they work and earn money while getting job skills. But yeah, some type of coaching should be part of all those.

25% of my students can not learn in an independent setting. 

50% are learning well in this modified setting but would struggle if rigor was equal to "normal" school. 

25% of students will be equally successful no mater what happens. 

this is my estimate of my 6 weeks of online teach and 20 years of in  

kungfugrip - 

25% of my students can not learn in an independent setting. 

50% are learning well in this modified setting but would struggle if rigor was equal to "normal" school. 

25% of students will be equally successful no mater what happens. 

this is my estimate of my 6 weeks of online teach and 20 years of in  

Good insights.

Dashabox -

No cell phones in >

That is a start.

Monica 

1 Like
Homelander -
The Stewed Owl - 
Homelander - 

How good a job is high school doing these days to produce socially adjusted kids, though?

Better than the alternative most of the time. I know communities of people that do quite well with “home schooling” but they are dedicated and part of a large group.

Homeschooling when done right has basically just become its own school in a decentralized network form where different parents have different tasks, with a few trained teachers in the mix. It works fine when the parents have the resources and training to manage it, but can’t really be pulled off on a large scale.

But where will she get her daily dose of tranny readings?

I'm in the middle of trying to get 75 10th graders ready for AP exams via Google Meet, and I can attest that distance learning is complete bunk and hokum. It's terrible.

There are kids who will do better. those kids will  do very well under any situation. The kids who have always fallen behind, will be FAR worse off. 

This is the kind of propaganda you will see more and more as guys like cuomo and gates try to push their agenda against public education.

we should use online learning as a punishment.  we should stop tolerating kids that fuck around and are a distraction. send them home and force them to use online tools to get through school.

1 Like
The Stewed Owl -
Homelander - 

How good a job is high school doing these days to produce socially adjusted kids, though?

New York City high school is not comparable to your TYPICAL HS.  I have a45 minute commute to work everyday so my kids don't have to deal with the St Louis public schools.  The shitty part is when those towns mismanage their funds and close the schools, the bits them out to mine.  Fucking infuriates me. 

STEM field require an education most parents are incapable of delivering at home.

after grade 10, unless the kids are perusing something in the same field as a parent, they’ll suffer.

School has never been to learn about science or math etc. Its exists to learn about ppl and not end up a grown ass adult with the social skills of a meek 10 year old girl.