Do you believe in success later in life?

I was just watching some documentaries about successful people who made and all them seemed to be "great" from the get go, from childhood they were great.

And all the people that I know who are successful, them too, from the time they were kids, they were "different".

I think you can look at a child and determine if this person will actually be successful baring some chance or luck.

What's your opinion on this?

The my pillow guy was a crack head, he's worth millions and it happened later in life. 

Men tend to be more successful later in life. Our value goes up with time where a woman's declines.

Captain CargoShorts -

The my pillow guy was a crack head, he's worth millions and it happened later in life. 

There is no question that man still goes on binges. I would bet my house on it lol

Success comes from values. If you're not thrifty, industrious, determined early on, it's unlikely you will be later.

People can change though. For example a kid comes along and they sort their life out.

I've seen plenty of people achieve success in their 30s and 40s.

I was a complete turd lacking any real motivation in life until I was in my late 20's.  Then I lost a bunch of weight, got a better job, and found a better girl.  Today I am successful.  The one thing that's funny is that when I tell people I grew up poor and was a turd they don't believe me or are completely shocked by that.  Everyone thinks I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.  

I'm very certain I'm an exception and not the rule.

At this point I'm banking on being successful later in life

I was pretty much a loser until I turned 30. The last year has been pretty crazy.

Success? Yes! Respect? No!

-Rodney Dangerfield

Anything could be possible with the right mindset and work ethic.

Fortunately, for me, success is banging a 20 year old and I can pay for that anytime throughout life (so long as I keep my job).

I'm turning 67 in a few weeks, hopefully OP is correct. I won't let my life go to waste.

Extreme levels of success tend to be highly genetic or inherited. People don't want to admit it but it's true. Whether it is intelligence, athletic ability, charisma/looks, or simply familial wealth whatever you are born with determines your fate more than your own effort.

sugarhigh - 

My success starting to come when I killed the boy around 30. 

I know plenty of people who did the same. 

Where did you hide the body though?

I knew a gentleman that struggled until about 40, then his construction company blew up due to the housing shortage / new factory...

Some of it was luck, but he had the skills to jump on the good timing

A list of people who didn't experience massive success until 40 or older:

http://www.businessinsider.com/24-people-who-became-highly-successful-after-age-40-2015-6

TexDeuce - Anything could be possible with the right mindset and work ethic.

The thing is though,such a mindset usually shows itself during childhood.

rustyshakleford -

I knew a gentleman that struggled until about 40, then his construction company blew up due to the housing shortage / new factory...

Some of it was luck, but he had the skills to jump on the good timing

That guy already had a success mindset. Just because his company wasn't working doesn't mean he did not have a winning mind and determination.