do you brush and floss regularly?

brush 2x a day floss at least once a day.

Brush tongue as well

brush and floss peeps

Cheaper than surgery - never brush your teeth until you have flossed.

So you should floss before you brush? I didn't know that.

Brushing can push food debris and plaque back in between the teeth.

"no such thing as flossing too much, as long as you are gentle, and using correct technique (think of it as polishing/scrubbing the sides of your teeth and under the gumline), "

When you floss, and you pull the floss across your tooth...are you supposed to see something come out?

When I floss, nothing comes out so it doesnt seem like its doing anything.

smiles

Brush two to three times daily. Floss prolly twice/three times a week. I hate flossing

You should brush twice a day; more brushing will eventually do more damage than good.  You cannot floss too much.  Always floss before you brush.  Floss, rinse, brush, Listermint.  I can't eat red meat without flossing immediately after; it just bugs the crap out of me.

Not flossing is what causes bad breath.  It's literally rotting food that stays in your mouth if you don't floss it out.  Rotten food = death breath.

I'm 402 years old and have never had a cavity.  I've never had any dental work done to my teeth other than having my wisdom teeth out; no cavities, no fillings, no caps.

Samoa.

Not flossing can cause bad breath. The food will rot through bacteria breaking it down. If the bacteria breaks the food down into stinky compounds, you'll have bad breath. There are bacteria in the mouth that do this without producing such odors.

After a month of flossing 6 times/week I am happy to say I am no longer having the nightly bloodbath.

I do have another problem though. Just below the gum-line on my upper row there is a tooth with a visible hole in it. Initially, I though the tooth just caved in after the gum-line, but looking closely I realized there is a little bit of tooth before the hole.

It isn't obvious. It's not painful or disgusting to look at either. Just something I noticed.

Any idea what this is? Cavity?

I don't have insurance, so if it's nothing major I'd rather avoid going to the dentist.

got floss and listerine in my desk here at work, and in my car. i just don't feel clean until i've flossed and swished with listerine. damn that sounds gay.

brush 2-3 times a day,

floss once a day

mouth rinse once a day.

DL -- you sound like my hubby lol He'd brush his teeth after every meal and have a listerine in his jeep too lol He'd floss only before bed time though. lol

i quit brushing and flossing because it made my gums bleed.

snowy, i commend your hubby's excellent hygiene

"I don't have insurance, so if it's nothing major I'd rather avoid going to the dentist."

You can always try to find a dental school near your area.

They can do your tooth for about 1/2 price the normal rate.

Dental costs are so expensinve in the US these days that a bunch of people are traveling overseas (Europe, Asia) to have their dental work done.

I know one dude on another board who mentioned that his brother went to Mexico to get his teeth fixed.

ttt

If you really wanna amp up your brushing, get a SoniCare Intelliclean toothbrush.  Best damn brush in the world.  I know, I know, who wants to pay that much for a toothbrush, but you can get them for about half price on eBay.  Good investment.

ttt

floss 1 or 2 times daily, Sonicare 2 or 3 times daily, & hydrogen peroxide soak often.