Do you consider knee bars a

Low probability sub? With all this attention on heel hooks I think Paul Harris has proven heel hooks can easily be one of those high probability subs.

But what about knee bars. High finish rate or waste of time to pick apart and master from all angles? Phone Post 3.0

I think it's great to use against stocky guys with short arms and no neck. you can still get deep on it against them Phone Post 3.0

I kind of like them. Ive seen high level competitors frequently not tap to fully locked in outside heelhooks, toe holds and ankle locks, but ive only seen two instances of high level grapplers not tapping to fully locked out kneebars (rodolfo vs buchecha 1, i think and jeff glover vs robson moura. Im sure there are more examples though) Phone Post 3.0

That being said, i think its harder to get to and keep a solid kneebar finishing position than it is to get to a heel hook, toe hold or ankle lock position Phone Post 3.0

When were heel hooks not a high percentage finish? Phone Post 3.0

Check out Ronnie Wuest. He's competing at black belt and actually has a DVD series in bottom half guard with his go-to threat being a nasty knee bar. There's a bunch of videos online of him finishing it in competition. If done correctly none can defend. Phone Post 3.0

I think against high level no gi guys it is too easy to switch it to 50/50. And I love kneebars. For a while it was almost the only sub I went for. Against people who are scared of leg locks or are inexperienced at leg lock battles they are fairly easy to finish. Other guys know and recognize the setups and already start defending before you solidify the position.

Braxmax - Check out Ronnie Wuest. He's competing at black belt and actually has a DVD series in bottom half guard with his go-to threat being a nasty knee bar. There's a bunch of videos online of him finishing it in competition. If done correctly none can defend. Phone Post 3.0

Where can you find information about the DVD series?