Do you ever feel....

Do you ever feel like you just are'nt a christian anymore....? I feel like if I pray god isn't hearing me... I dont understand.... I feel so I dont know... My husband tells me that its just santan....

any advise..?

prayers would be greatly appraicated...

Xo's

prayers will be said

and if you'd like please e mail me

cyn 2323 at aol . com

This is part of the armour of God.

We must keep the helmet of salvation on. Your walk with God is because he has saved you, how you feel doesn't matter. There are times when you may not feel love for your husband, you may not FEEL like staying with him forever, but you continue to walk out your commitment as it is the truth. God is with you at all times, Jesus will never leave nor forsake you, your feelings can lie to you.

If I might make a few suggestions:

Get Practicing the presence of God by Brother Lawrence and read it.

Read your bible like crazy, five chapters a day. And read the same book atleast four times in a row. And actually expect to hear from God.

Remember the things God has spoken to your heart before, and have your husband and friends remind your of things you may have forgotten. Don't doubt in the darkness what God shows you in the light.

Please understand it is how you walk through these difficult times that makes you a woman of proven character, one that can be trusted, and counted. Stand firm.

the rev

Good post John.

Footprints in the Sand

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamt he waswalking with the Lord.
Across the sky flashed scenes of his life.
For each scene, he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand; one belonged to him,
and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
He noticed that many times along the path of his life there
was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it had
happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered the man and he questioned the Lord about it.

"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during
the most troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why,
when I needed you most, you would leave me."

The Lord replied,
"My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

Blud

There are times that you should remain silent.

"Blud
There are times that you should remain silent."

Hilarious!!!!!

Thanks everyone who replied....

I thought I would share this with you all....
I receive daily things from Beliefnet and today?s was......

Daily Christian Wisdom:
Why are you afraid? Have you no faith?

Maybe I just need to have faith that I am a Christian.. I don?t know...

Anyone can email me at: caseyskitten@tvscable.com

Xo?s
Evelyn

Thanks everyone who replied....

I thought I would share this with you all....
I receive daily things from Beliefnet and today?s was......

Daily Christian Wisdom:
Why are you afraid? Have you no faith?

Maybe I just need to have faith that I am a Christian.. I don?t know...

Anyone can email me at: caseyskitten@tvscable.com

Xo?s
Evelyn

bludhall...really, unless you have something constructive to add...it would be better if you didnt post...of course if you did that...you would never post....on any thread

The Rev Sherm speaks the truth.

The barbs aren't even clever. And unlike some of the atheists who post here, there aren't any ideas to engage. It's just mean-spirited.

CK, it seems to me that a relationship with God is like a love affair. Your passion for it will ebb and rise over the years. But the fact that your love (wether for God or for a physical partnership) may be in an ebb cycle doesn't mean you should necessarily abandon the relationship. Like your relationship with your life partner, you may want to look for something-- a book, a class, an event, charity work, etc-- that will give it a spark.

Bludhall youre being very gnostic lately...

old Hasidic story, no?

Yes ofcourse it is MS all of us non jews are constantly reading ancient Hasidic manuscripts in their original language so we can post them on here as Christian wisdom.

:)

the rev

I feel closer to God now than I ever did as a Christian.

But... that's just me

This is something CS Lewis wrote to a new convert that seems to apply here as well:

All our prayers are being answered, and I thank God for it. The only (possibly, not necessarily) unfavourable symptom is that you are just a trifle too excited. It is quite right that you should feel that "something terrific" has happened to you .... Accept these sensations with thankfulness as birthday cards from God, but remember that they are only greetings, not the real gift. I mean that it is not the sensations that are the real thing. The real thing is the gift of the Holy Spirit which can't usually be-perhaps not ever-experienced as a sensation or emotion. The sensations are merely the response of your nervous system. Don't depend on them. Otherwise when they go and you are once more emotionally flat (as you certainly will be quite soon), you might think that the real thing had gone too. But it won't. It will be there when you can't feel it. May even be most operative when you can feel it least.

Don't imagine it is all "going to be an exciting adventure from now on." It won't. Excitement, of whatever sort, never lasts. This is the push to start you off on your first bicycle: you'll be left to lots of dogged pedalling later on. And no need to feel depressed about it either. It will be good for your spiritual leg muscles. So enjoy the push while it lasts, but enjoy it as a treat, not as something normal.