Do you finish books you start?

Of the last 100 books I've received or taken out from library , I've probably finished 4 of them. Don't know why I bother. Have zero attention span. I also refuse to read fiction.

Anybody else like me where you read two chapters then put it away or library due date comes up? Phone Post 3.0

Nope. I get books because I want to read them. If I didn't like reading (no problem with that) then I would stop getting books. Phone Post 3.0

It's gotta be really really bad for me to stop reading it.

Holmes0 - Nope. I get books because I want to read them. If I didn't like reading (no problem with that) then I would stop getting books. Phone Post 3.0
This.

My problem is more along the lines of buying a book, then reading it too quickly. I'll sometimes give them a second read to feel like I got my monies worth. Phone Post 3.0

The book determines whether I finish it or not. If it's good, I will. But if the first few chapters don't grab me, I give up on it.

I'm with Garv. I read lots, and there's lots of books out there, good and bad.

If the book sucks, I stop reading it. I'll read something I like.

There are exceptions, like now. The book I'm reading is kinda slow and boring me a bit. It's the second book in a series, and I really enjoyed book one and I like the characters. So I'll finish it. Phone Post 3.0

Nope Phone Post 3.0

love to read...but yeah, i call it quits if a book i'm reading isn't hitting the mark.

I usually have a few on the go at any one time: one fiction, one work related, and one that is related to a hobby or general interest.

Sennin - 
Holmes0 - Nope. I get books because I want to read them. If I didn't like reading (no problem with that) then I would stop getting books. Phone Post 3.0
This.

My problem is more along the lines of buying a book, then reading it too quickly. I'll sometimes give them a second read to feel like I got my monies worth. Phone Post 3.0

I usually am reading several different books and bouncing between them, helps a bit with that.

I have a weird thing where if I really love a book a won't read the last 5-10 pages for awhile as I don't want it to end.

I seem to be getting pickier lately. I used to finnish every book, but now it's maybe just 3/4. I need a better screening process before I buy aparently. Phone Post 3.0

Mine is an attention issue, not whether I like book. Again I can't read fiction cause I realize it's just somebody typing words on a laptop. I can get lost in tv, movies and old time radio but not books Phone Post 3.0

Garv -

The book determines whether I finish it or not. If it's good, I will. But if the first few chapters don't grab me, I give up on it.

This.

But it's rare for me to get a bad book because I usually do research before hand. Phone Post 3.0

I am a hard core reader. Once I start I can not stop unless it is a shirt book. I picked up a fantasy book that was the first of a 18 book series. After book 1 I was so hooked I read all of them in the next 2 weeks. Phone Post 3.0

I rarely finish a fictional book but almost always a non-fictional book...

yeah, I like to finish the books I am reading

I HAVE to finish a book once I start it...its like a compulsion

JerryW - I am a hard core reader. Once I start I can not stop unless it is a shirt book. I picked up a fantasy book that was the first of a 18 book series. After book 1 I was so hooked I read all of them in the next 2 weeks. Phone Post 3.0
I stay away from those long ass series just for that reason. Phone Post 3.0

King Trav - 
JerryW - I am a hard core reader. Once I start I can not stop unless it is a shirt book. I picked up a fantasy book that was the first of a 18 book series. After book 1 I was so hooked I read all of them in the next 2 weeks. Phone Post 3.0
I stay away from those long ass series just for that reason. Phone Post 3.0

I stay away from books about shirts just for that reason...