Do you leave a tip for take out?

Other thread got me thinking. do you guys leave a tip when you call in an order to go? (from a restaurant or maybe get pizza and go and pick it up) I'm only talking about if you going to physically get it yourself, not door dash or any other services. Do you leave a tip still? I'm always conflicted. If just picking up pizza I feel like it should be no tip, but it seems like I get weird looks. Maybe it's just me. Thoughts?

Depends. There's a Jason's deli I keep going to, I tipped them the other night and got to the hotel and realized they fucked up my order. Same with Longhorns the other night. Seems like a waste tipping some fuckers to throw something in a bag and send me out the door. 

2 dollards. It ensures that I can act like I'm not a cheapscate if I go back, and it's very little money.

Fuck no, why would you? You did all the work

Non N00B -

Depends. There's a Jason's deli I keep going to, I tipped them the other night and got to the hotel and realized they fucked up my order. Same with Longhorns the other night. Seems like a waste tipping some fuckers to throw something in a bag and send me out the door. 

The method would work if you didn't go to lame commercial food joints.

EluThingol -
Non N00B -

Yeah because I have tons of time to seek out heralded local places to eat at night before they close in random cities Im not familiar with

You call in a order, you walk up to the counter, and all they did was make the product. So they did their job.

You are already paying an inflated price for the convenience of someone else doing the work so why give more for the same job. It is not even like their hourly pay is less and depends on tips.

They should tip me. 

Non N00B -
EluThingol -
Non N00B -

Yeah because I have tons of time to seek out heralded local places to eat at night before they close in random cities Im not familiar with

So the only good food places near you are franchise restaurants? Where do you live?

I give a buck or two for curbside carry out when they walk it out to your car. If I’m going inside to pick it up hell no.

EluThingol -
Non N00B -
EluThingol -
Non N00B -

So the only good food places near you are franchise restaurants? Where do you live?

Also, the internet is a good tool.

20%

Always. Doesn’t have to be much, but something.

Yes, almost always

EluThingol -
EluThingol -
Non N00B -
EluThingol -
Non N00B -

Also, the internet is a good tool.

Gonna agree with Elu here

i don't eat at a lot of places.  i have a few that i like and i frequent them, so i always tip because i like the food, like the staff, and like the service.

Chinese Food or Pizza? No. If it's more of a traditional place (bar/grill, Mexican, etc) I'll usually sit down and have a beer while it cooks. Will pay the bartender for the food/drink and tip 10-15%. Nothing outrageous, but enough so they remember you.

no

Weird world we are in now.  It is the culture of low expectations. You are a customer and giving money becuse you are getting a product.  You are already buying a product from these people but because they were friendly you are going to pay more. For the people that tip for friendly service when it come to take out food do you tip for everything? If you go to Home Depot and the cashier is nice do you slip them some extra money? Heck even sticking with food do you tip at a fast food place if they are friendly? It is the same concept.

See the way it should work is at least call mangement and say your food is great but your customer care is horrible. I want to eat there but your counter crew makes it an unwelcome experience.

We are talking about take out and there is not even a wait staff involved.

fuck no