Do you really feel bad for the TSA?

Not getting their paycheck? These are the same people who have no record of actually preventing a terrorist attack on a plane and routinely grope little kids. Fuck them. They’re an illusion of safety and menace. 

Umm... they are just regular folks working for a living.

You can be against the idea of the TSA, but being happy or not having an issue with them not getting paid and still being expected to work a shitty job is fucked up.

You should probably re-evaluate yourself, op.

RdotC - Umm... they are just regular folks working for a living.

You can be against the idea of the TSA, but being happy or not having an issue with them not getting paid and still being expected to work a shitty job is fucked up.

This. They may make the airport experience horrible but at least their not leeching off society.... just our souls lol

Just like the Nazis and telemarketers. 

FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

This. They may make the airport experience horrible but at least their not leeching off society.... just our souls lol

Uh they’re being paid with my federal tax dollars...the very definition of leeching off of soceity. 

KDK1CallingKDK12 - 
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

Uh they're being paid with my federal tax dollars...the very definition of leeching off of soceity. 

So do you see police officers as leeches?

Firefighters?

Teachers?

Air traffic controllers?

You have a pretty fucked worldview, my friend.

Sounds like someone enjoys cavity searches 

RdotC -
KDK1CallingKDK12 - 
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

Uh they're being paid with my federal tax dollars...the very definition of leeching off of soceity. 

Firefighters?

Teachers?

Air traffic controllers?

You’re really comparing firefighters and police to TSA agents? 

KDK1CallingKDK12 - 
RdotC -
KDK1CallingKDK12 - 
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

Firefighters?

Teachers?

Air traffic controllers?

You’re really comparing firefighters and police to TSA agents? 

You called TSA employees leeches because they are paid by taxes.

All of those other professions are also paid by taxes.

KDK1CallingKDK12 -

Just like the Nazis and telemarketers. 

You're really comparing telemarketers to Nazis?

Quick question.

Does the gov't save money during shut downs like this?

Dougie - Quick question.

Generally, no.

Virtually every shut down ends with everyone getting their back pay.

In some cases these end up costing more as you end up having to spend to fix what got fucked up under the shutdown. Its just political posturing that doesn't do any good for anyone.

Dougie - Quick question.

Well... I'm totally speculating... But my assumption is that since tax money is not going to these employees' paychecks, that is saved money right there. Not to mention general costs to run their respective businesses.

So it seems like an obvious "yes", but I know these things are usually more complicated than that. 

I saw something recently that the federal government loses a lot of money during the shutdown in various ways. Also, many of the furloughed workers, those non-essential workers sent home without pay, will end up getting back pay. However all of the work will need to be done in the end. Dumbass Trump has actually suggested in the past that shutdowns save money, as if it is like all those people he has stiffed on constructions jobs to save himself money.

RdotC - 
Dougie - Quick question.

Generally, no.

Virtually every shut down ends with everyone getting their back pay.

In some cases these end up costing more as you end up having to spend to fix what got fucked up under the shutdown. Its just political posturing that doesn't do any good for anyone.

So they have to back pay anyone who worked in the shut down that was essential services?

But what about non-essential? Would they save money there? If they are not at work, why would they pay them back pay?

No. I know it sucks for them though. The TSA should be abolished.

Feel bad about them being without pay right now. It sucks. I'm a trump fan, but wish a shutdown could have been avoided. Like the push for the wall, have sympathy for the fed workers.

FWIW, I left working for govt many years ago when this issue came up. This is a risk to a fed job.

I look at it as a similar position to being a new Verizon worker. The job was good at one point, but you know a strike will be coming. I'm convinced Verizon just strikes to save money every few years. They give no fucks. If you work for them, you better be ready with a nest egg.

I feel bad for the people as individuals but I’d be fine with the TSA disappearing. Anyone who’s ever looked into the organization knows how pathetic it really is.

KDK1CallingKDK12 -
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -

Uh they’re being paid with my federal tax dollars...the very definition of leeching off of soceity. 

Hahaha, you're one of the weakest trolls I've ever seen online. The sad part is, your account is 14+ years old, so it's not like you're a 10 year old trying to troll for the first time. Hahah, so pathetic