Do you remember Florence Griffith-Joyner?

If so, what do you remember about her? I just saw a piece on her.

Time has proven she was beyond freakish athletically. In the 30 years since she ran a 10.49 in 1988 on her way to winning gold in the 100m, no other woman has ever even come close to this time. No one.

Was she juiced? Or course (IMO)! But all the top sprinters were and likely still are. Even the great Marion Jones, using more modern equipment and techniques, along with better PEDs (which she finally admitted to using) and w/ the support of BALCO’s finest “supplements,” still never came close to Joyner. Her best time before getting busted was 10.65, which is still a long ways from sniffing Joyners’ 10.49.

Compare this to Carl Lewis, at one time the fastest man in the world. He, like Joyner, won gold in the men’s 100m in 1988. However, Lewis’ best time of 9.86 has been eclipsed over 100 times by many different sprinters, and reduced to 9.58, which is Usain Bolt’s current record. Meanwhile, no one has come close to Flo-Jo.

Joyner was a freak among freaks.
Image result for florence griffith joyner picture

Fuck I forgot she ran that fast!

10.49 would probably win her a medal in lots of high level male races I would think? 

Plus they all juice so she’s still the best. 

Was she Russian, by any chance?

i just remember she was around the same era as Jackie Joyner Kersey and they were somewhow related?  I think?

472CKL - Just let them juice under the supervision of a doctor. They are holding back sport with their lame tests.

Been saying it for years.  How dangerous is juicing, really?

In fighting, obviously, but you let both guys juice, and they have to reveal HOW MUCH and what juice they are using.  And then have a 'league' for 'clean' fighters.

mojodmonky - 

i just remember she was around the same era as Jackie Joyner Kersey and they were somewhow related?  I think?

Al Joyner (gold medalist in the triple jump in 1984) was Flo-Jo's husband and Jackie Joyner-Kersey's brother.

Ben Gardners boat - 

Fuck I forgot she ran that fast!

10.49 would probably win her a medal in lots of high level male races I would think? 

Plus they all juice so she’s still the best. 

I looked up the last New York State HS Boys 100m champ. I chose NY since it has a lot of people and I assumed its winner's time would be at least average to above average for a HS Boys champ.

The Division 1 NY HS Boy's champ ran a 10.80.

Flo-Jo ran a 10.49..........30 freakin' years ago. It's unreal!

She was awesome.  That one legged outfit she wore ... ah teenage memories.

What was the other juicing one with the cute face?

There's a park by me named after her.

She had some crazy Long nails

Fake Pie - What was the other juicing one with the cute face?

Marion Jones?

I guess I was thinking of Marion Jones.  Not so cute, not sure why I remembered her that way:

Image result for Marion Jones

10.49 would do well in smaller classifications in Texas.  There are boys who run 10.2s though. Still she is as dominant as any female athlete ever with that time 

Fake Pie - 

I guess I was thinking of Marion Jones.  Not so cute, not sure why I remembered her that way:

Image result for Marion Jones

Marion Jones was cute, I just didn't understand why she never took care of that snaggletooth. She married some big, fat shotputter that also tested positive for PEDs.

deepu - 

Ive gotta google something when i get home

Yeah maybe the teeth are throwing me.

BiggGunn - 
mojodmonky - 

Al Joyner (gold medalist in the triple jump in 1984) was Flo-Jo's husband and Jackie Joyner-Kersey's brother.

Oh, that's right. Forgot about that. Thanks for the info, fellas.

Fake Pie - Yeah maybe the teeth are throwing me.

I can see not bothering if you're fugly. But w/ a cute face, why in the world would you not take care of those huge fangs? lol

clattymine - 
deepu - 

Ive gotta google something when i get home

Image result for florence griffith joyner one leg suit picture

Image result for florence griffith joyner one leg suit picture