Do you secretly hope Derek Chauvin gets off?

Is there any part of you that wants to see the charges dismissed? Do you hope for chaos in the streets as a result? Is watching mayhem and destruction a guilty pleasure of yours?

Secretly? I openly hope he gets off.

37 Likes

Same here

8 Likes

Only because I believe he’s not guilty

7 Likes

As far as I can tell he committed no crime, so I hope he gets off assuming that’s proper justice. I’m not enough of an expert to claim he’s absolutely not guilty, but he didn’t intentionally kill Floyd and to claim otherwise is absurd. It also seems likely that he didn’t kill him unintentionally, either, because Floyd swallowed a lethal amount of drugs before the arrest. If chauvin committed no crime, then I hope he’s not found guilty because that would be an absolute travesty of justice. If serving actual justice means America must burn, then so be it. We are not descended from fearful men.

12 Likes

I don’t think he is guilty of murder or manslaughter but I do think he was wrong in placing his knee on the neck for that long. Charge him with that but the death was due to a drug overdose.

2 Likes

Whatever I think or whatever the outcome is there will be riots. This much is certain.

7 Likes

Yeah I think he gets off fantasizing about putting his knee on someone’s neck.

Booyeah! I’m here all night, folks.

1 Like

No secret. He is innocent. As innocent as OJ.

I think he’s as innocent as OJ is.

1 Like

he should def. get some jail time. I would label it aggravated manslaughter. It’s prob not murder unless they can prove he intended to kill the guy.
the guy also had drugs in his system which made him more vulnerable to dying with physical stress exerted on the body.

2 Likes

BEEP!

I don’t think the restraint was the problem.

Well, let me be more specific… I don’t think it helped but I also don’t think the restraint alone killed him. It was probably a combination of things that killed him. Drugs, covid, positional asphyxiation. I don’t think Chauvin is criminally responsible. Maybe some kind of negligence. He definitely could have rendered aid, or at least got off him once he went out.

2 Likes

Yeah i think that’s the part that’s challenging, he was limp for a couple mins, plus in handcuffs. Why not let off a bit.

Still don’t think it’s murder or even close but i gotta imagine he gets convicted. Surprised they even are allowing a jury trial. It’s impossible to get anything close to an impartial jury with current climate.

2 Likes

Best possible outcome:

He gets acquitted and is immediately reinstated. Riots ensue. He is assigned to the riot control brigade and knee-rides many more BLM activists, killing them all.

12 Likes

Based on what?

They don’t change charges mid stream. Prosecution picked their charge (or da did) and they have to prove it.the burden of proof is on the prosecution. They aren’t proving it.

I’m very much in favor of people wilding again, as I’m a big fan of what Kyle.did. So yeah, it’s gonna happen (and the govt wants it to), so let’s get it on!

5 Likes

He’s fucked imo. I want to see a fair trial. But due to politics that’s not going to happen.

3 Likes

Free him, or just arrest every officer in Minnesota for just doing their job.

3 Likes

I’d post a cool ‘Not Bad’ gif, but i have no fucking clue how to. Which means my shtick is obsolete in this new shitty forum.

3 Likes

Giphy still works until they fix it on here.