Do you shop at Walmart?

Why or why not?

I don't because I worked there for a year and a half when I was 18-19 and never want to go inside one again. They pay shit, didn't offer health insurance when I was there, expect you to work up to 4 departments, and just generally suck. Phone Post 3.0

I do only because I don't have a choice. Small west tx town so its the only option I got. Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_AsimpleFan - Why or why not?

I don't because I worked there for a year and a half when I was 18-19 and never want to go inside one again. They pay shit, didn't offer health insurance when I was there, expect you to work up to 4 departments, and just generally suck. Phone Post 3.0

Hmmm really..

What was your position?

This dude I know works there and unloads trucks. He thinks its the best thing ever. Hes delusional. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck yes.

Halloween candy 30% off. Phone Post 3.0

Nope. Too much nutso. Phone Post

I just think its funny that people with no skills who find themselves in min wage jobs or part time jobs somehow think they should get better pay. LOL!

If you want more pay.. make yourself more valuable. Shut up, learn, work hard, and I will gaurantee you will be making more and promotions will follow. Why should a company offer benefits to a part timer ina menial position that usually tasked to high- school kids?

I bet you probably worked harder at not working than you did making yourself more valuable to the company and that deep down you know this to be true.

I started in grocery, moved to the front end, and ended up in electronics; working sporting goods, photo, and furniture. The thing that really told you that not a fuck was given about you was the managerial bonuses. They would get a bonus if the profits were high enough for the quarter. If the profits were a little lean you came in for your shift and were immediately sent home because they had to cut payroll. It was a pretty regular occurrence. Plus I saw at least three complete mental breakdowns at the Assistant Manager level and our Store Manager was a drug addict. Phone Post 3.0

Not any more. I got tired of waiting in the checkout line for 30 minutes because some idiot is taking an hour with their EBT cards and two full shopping cards.

rjbo71 -

I just think its funny that people with no skills who find themselves in min wage jobs or part time jobs somehow think they should get better pay. LOL!

If you want more pay.. make yourself more valuable. Shut up, learn, work hard, and I will gaurantee you will be making more and promotions will follow. Why should a company offer benefits to a part timer ina menial position that usually tasked to high- school kids?

I bet you probably worked harder at not working than you did making yourself more valuable to the company and that deep down you know this to be true.

Completely wrong, I was full time, took my job seriously, was going to college, and never saw Walmart as a valid career choice. I agree pay shouldn't be stellar but people who lived and breathed Walmart burnt out because even though they were salary the were working 80 hour weeks and making less than entry level workers when you did the math. Phone Post 3.0

Oh and even though I wouldn't call it a skill I did have tons of customer service experience being that I started working at a catering company on weekends when I was 12 doing carnival style family days, and I worked at a family owned grocery store for two years before starting at Walmart. Phone Post 3.0

Once in a while, but never leave feeling good. Always buy shit I don't need that I wasn't planning to. Always encounter at least a few annoying people or situations. Too fucking big takes forever to get around the store. Fuck wal mart. Phone Post 3.0

I pretty much have to, but I treat it like a Special Forces mission. There is premission preparation then I go in, get what I need and get out as quickly as possible.

Small isles and peoples lack of situational awareness are enough to make me flip out. 

ddk - Once in a while, but never leave feeling good. Always buy shit I don't need that I wasn't planning to. Always encounter at least a few annoying people or situations. Too fucking big takes forever to get around the store. Fuck wal mart. Phone Post 3.0
I thought join dates went back to 01. Was I wrong or are you special. Phone Post 3.0