do you social exercise?

wtf is it with people always asking if I want to go run or bike or lift with them. they don't stop. do people just hate being alone for 45 minutes? my workout is my social and mental time of solitude where I can clear my mind and think of nothing for an hour. leave me the fuck alone.

I agree. It's pathetic to see grown men working out together in groups of 3 or 4. Every day at the gym I see 4 guys lifting together while gossiping like ladies. Totally lame.

Willin -

I agree. It's pathetic to see grown men working out together in groups of 3 or 4. Every day at the gym I see 4 guys lifting together while gossiping like ladies. Totally lame.

2 i can understand for heavy lifting or taking a partner when kayaking, climbing, shit that needs a spotter, but fack. I get hit up by friends and family at least 2x a week. they just can't take a hint.

I signed up for cross fit last week, I kind of like the group setting after working out on my own for years

i just want to listen to music

EFM - wtf is it with people always asking if I want to go run or bike or lift with them. they don't stop. do people just hate being alone for 45 minutes? my workout is my social and mental time of solitude where I can clear my mind and think of nothing for an hour. leave me the fuck alone.

Concur 100%

no one ever asks me :(....

It's almost like different people like different things. 

OH NO SOMEONE IS BEING FRIENDLY!!! STOP THE PRESSES!

OP is the reason why society is filled with assholes.

Well for one it leads to better exercise, plain and simple. Unless you're a chatterbox that can't stay focused.

If you've already reached your own goals a partner can be pretty helpful to reset those goals.

HurtFeelings - Well for one it leads to better exercise, plain and simple. Unless you're a chatterbox that can't stay focused.

If you've already reached your own goals a partner can be pretty helpful to reset those goals.

How does it lead to better exercise? That's total bullshit.

The people who workout with a partner are usually some of the weaker people around who don't have the psychological toughness to work out on their own. 

I jog specificallyto be alone. Peace is the biggest benefit of jogging. Fuck those codependent fools.

Willin -
HurtFeelings - Well for one it leads to better exercise, plain and simple. Unless you're a chatterbox that can't stay focused.

The people who workout with a partner are usually some of the weaker people around who don't have the psychological toughness to work out on their own. 

Imagine you've met your fitness goals. Obviously I'm not talking about training with those types of people. It definitely helps to train with people that have useful knowledge to offer and aren't pathetic, but yeah, those people are few and far between.

I love to golf.  By myself.  4 hours of no one asking anything of me.  I typically go in the afternoon when I can walk on as a single and not get stuck with a group.  People find out I'm an avid golfer and want to play with me.  It can be hard to decline someones offer without hurting their feelings when the convo goes like this:

Guy: Hey I hear you golf.

Me: Yeah, I love to golf.  

Guy: Me too! Let's go golfing on Saturday.

Me: Oh, I don't want to golf with you.

Guy: *Butthurt*

Willin -

That is why i have a workout partner(s). 

I just started seriously working out for the first time in over a decade over the last month. There have been MANY days when i don't want to, but the other guys hold me accountable and we do our circuits together. I am mentally weak when it comes to working out so having someone there helps me. 

I always ask people but they are too lazy

I don't really work out with other dudes, but there are a bunch of us who get together on occasion to rub one out.

That is my exact mindset for work lunches. No I don't want to go and spend an hour talking about work. I want my lunches to be about literally nothing but eating and mind resting.

Depends.

Do I train in a group? Yeah, whenever I go to the boxing gym. 

Can I train by myself? I fucking LOVE doing this at least once a day.

Not a fan of working out with people. Rather be alone and just do whatever I want.