Do you think a lot of bands are making new music?

Im hoping we get flooded with new music in like 6 months with bands just sitting around doing nothing right now. 

Hopefully they’re being productive. 

I know a lot of Mods are resurrecting old, unused SN's to use as click bait, thats for damn sure.

1 Like

yes, what else can they do?

We are slowed down a ton. I lost a ton of shows already.  Whole tours have been cancelled. My friend is Beyonce's drummer and she can't tour.  We can do some things remotely. It just isn't the same.

1 Like

I hope so...Danny Carey actually said he wanted to do a TOOL EP (I will believe it when I see it.) 

GNR was supposedly playing around with new music and their tours are seemingly getting canceled. 

I have a hope that being quarantined with 5 kids, Trent Reznor will make the angriest and most depressed music ever in the NIN catalog. 

I'd like to see some bands doing some live from the studio albums...get Alice in Chains to do an acoustic set and release it...that sort of thing. 

ranier wolfcastle -

yes, what else can they do?

Came here to say this. 

Rolling Stones just released some new song called "Living in Isolation"

Sublime isn't

1 Like

Cant wait to hear all the songs about the first responders and social distancing and how much of a hardship it is to not see anyone for a few weeks.

ryanJ -

I hope so...Danny Carey actually said he wanted to do a TOOL EP (I will believe it when I see it.) 

GNR was supposedly playing around with new music and their tours are seemingly getting canceled. 

I have a hope that being quarantined with 5 kids, Trent Reznor will make the angriest and most depressed music ever in the NIN catalog. 

I'd like to see some bands doing some live from the studio albums...get Alice in Chains to do an acoustic set and release it...that sort of thing. 

Lol .... have any of those bands released anything since 2000? I haven’t listened to any of those bands since high school. 

Oh wait, gnr released that China something album. 

joesonshuevos -

Sublime isn't

Great news! 

clattymine -
ryanJ -

Lol .... have any of those bands released anything since 2000? I haven’t listened to any of those bands since high school. 

I mean, Tool released a new album end of last year that actually reached number 1 on the charts. Best part was it knocked T Swift out of number 1. 

clattymine - 
joesonshuevos -

Sublime isn't

Great news! 

U lucky I b quarantinin. U lucky.

I'm kinda pumped for the Danzig Elvis album.

But in a good faith gesture, nothing about that record would be considered new hahaha.

Herring in a Fur Coat - 
joesonshuevos - 

Sublime isn't

Sublime w/Rome is an abomination

That's not sublime. That's their bass player and some dudes.

honestly, no... I bet most of them are welcoming the time off from their usual hectic touring schedules. They usually don't get much of a break between tours/going back into the studio.

PatK - 

Rolling Stones just released some new song called "Living in Isolation"

Living in a ghost town & it’s pretty good

1 Like

Herring in a Fur Coat -
clattymine - 
ryanJ -

Tool had a new album last year.

AIC has been fairly active this decade, I believe they have 3 albums since re-forming with Duvall.

Not sure about Reznor.

NIN has been reasonably active, most recently they had 3 EPs spread across a couple years and then did a double instrumental album in 2020. Trent has done a bunch of film score work too. 

Outkaster -

We are slowed down a ton. I lost a ton of shows already.  Whole tours have been cancelled. My friend is Beyonce's drummer and she can't tour.  We can do some things remotely. It just isn't the same.

Do you work for Roc Nation by any chance?