Do you think Phil Davis would have given Bones...

Do you think Phil Davis would have given Jon jones a closer fight than Rashad did?

I realize Rashad handled Phil Davis, and bones handled rashad, but rashad had a lot of trouble with jones' length, something Phil might be better suited to handle. I think Phil Davis fights bones to a closer fight.

Also curious to see if maybe Gustafson can out point bones from the outside if they ever fought. Phone Post

I always though Phil was a better match up honestly Phone Post

Maybe. It will be interesting to see how Phil rebounds and improves. Since he lost everyone acts like hes done and isn't that good lol. Maybe he could take Bones down? Who knows.

Phil still has huge potential but at this point he has nothing for Jones, he wont be able to take him down with getting stopped or rocked on the feet!! Phone Post

Evzey - Phil still has huge potential but at this point he has nothing for Jones, he wont be able to take him down with getting stopped or rocked on the feet!!

Pretty much THIS.

Phil would get picked apart.

Gustafsson would get ragdolled(possibly outstruck and ragdolled).

I think Hendo is a tougher match-up than both of these guys. However, I don't see him having much for Jones either.

I know anything can happen but JBJ is just too good right now.

no

No. He'd put up about as much of a fight as Bader did.

JBJ would hit Phil so hard Lloyd Irvin would get KTFO. 

Here is another question then, if it had been Phil Davis that showed up to jackson's instead of Jon jones, would Phil Davis have been able to achieve what bones has? Or does bones just have something special that rises him above the rest?

I only ask cuz I think Phil Davis is uber talented and has the prerequisites needed to give bones a good challenge. Phone Post

Phil needs to either go to a legit boxing gym or go to Holland. The guy has so much potential but I doubt alliance is the place to improve his striking.

Alot of mma fighters have decided to go work with Jeff Mayweather. I hope phil is one of them. Phone Post

Jon Jones boxing coach has done a good job. Yes, Jon has a boxing coach. Phone Post

Hikikomori - Phil needs to either go to a legit boxing gym or go to Holland. The guy has so much potential but I doubt alliance is the place to improve his striking.

Alot of mma fighters have decided to go work with Jeff Mayweather. I hope phil is one of them.

It's more getting comfortable with being hit imo. Alliance has some great strikers like Vera, Gustaffson, Browne (was there) and Cruz, so I doubt it's a team problem.

Vera was at his best when he was at la boxing. Gusto has a striking background I believe? Phone Post

Needs to be someone who can match Jones's carnivalesque reach and height.

Jones would stop Phil with strikes. Early Phone Post

Phil Davis is far to flat footed to ever beat JJ and JJ would beat him by tko inside 3rds

Could talking about one fighter handling another's length be considered fighter (gay) bashing?

Phil Davis' striking has not evolved sufficient to beat JJ at this time.

DJLastCall - Could talking about one fighter handling another's length be considered fighter (gay) bashing?
. Phone Post