Do you think Trigg should retire?

Do you think it's time for Trigg to retire?  I personally don't, but I know he's talked about it after losing at ROTR.  I think he is still a top tier fighter, he just needs to find his stride?  What do you guys think?

Nope.

No, Trigg needs to get his mind right and get back in there.

nope

they say hes takin 6 months off

No.. but that said, Hughes and Trigg are the perfect example for wrestlers. Hughes is a perfect example of what happens to a great wrestler who trains Jiu Jitsu extensively. Trigg is an example of what happens to one who doesn't.

ttt

"He needs to learn some submission defense if he is sticking it out."

I wonder what he did from keeping JJ Machado, Renzo, Iha, Charuto, Hallman, etc from subbing him then?

well, I suppose Wasa-B that the reason is that before the JJ fighters had poor wrestling (and striking), but now Trigg has to face people who are good in at least two areas of fighting...so Trigg must get good at two areas of fighting.

Trigg is--obviously--more athletic than most at 170, so he'll win if he wants to bother...but if he can make more money annoucing/film producing, I imagine that he won't have as big a drive as some other fighters and you can't ride great wrestling forever in 2006 it seems...

but I do hope that Trigg and Charuto both get their fire back...I like watching both of them.

Trigg probably could use some training at Team Quest or something along those lines though...

"but I do hope that Trigg and Charuto both get their fire back...I like watching both of them"

Very true, they both rule when they're on.

The funny thing is that Trigg's losses to Hughes and GSP could be attributed to putting Trigg on his back which few fighters can do but Condit just strait tapped Trigg from guard so it didnt have anything to do with his opposition's wrestling or striking (though you could def make that case with GSP!).

Trigg has just lost his edge, plain and simple. I just brought up all the BJJ BBs that Trigg has smashed for the obvious reasons (and yes, i know Renzo beat Trigg in ADCC but that was in a strait grappling match in which Trigg was very new to the subgrappling game and still gave Renzo a tough fight, right?).

Users with different screen names with identical IPs on this thread

<--- BACK

• jacktripper
  • capnsavem

<--- BACK

NOTE: it is possible to have the same IP and different screen names if users are sharing a computer or using certain types of networks

ttt

Trigg needs to revamp his attitude and get some respect for his opponents. He also needs to surround himself with some solid submission artists and work on his submission defense.

doesn't he train under Ricco Chipparelli?  I would think there are some really great submission folks with his team, but that is just speculation

Trigg's got to get his mind right. Trigg reminds me of Belfort a wealth of talent and ability, but sometimes just doesn't show up. Most of the fights Trigg lost he lost before the fight even started.

No

"Trigg reminds me of Belfort a wealth of talent and ability, but sometimes just doesn't show up. Most of the fights Trigg lost he lost before the fight even started."

Can we have it a required prequisite that all noobs check out fighter records before they comment on them?

No disrespect exclusively to you dude, but Trigg, up until recently has been one of the most consistent fighters in the game. His only decision ever just came recently after fighting for years already. He has just gone thru a bad streak lately, he is not inconsistent thoughout his career like Vitor who is hot then cold, cold then hot (then cold again) or like Baroni.

In all of Trigg losses up until Condit, I would argue that the guys who beat him (Hughes, GSP, Mach all top guys, i shouldnt have to remind you) just took it to him and took him out and were hardly cases of Trigg not showing up to fight (though I admit Trigg did not look himself for the GSP fight but Trigg bashed up Mach pretty hard before eventually getting TKOed and he was def up for the Hughes fights, lol)

"He just needs to shave his head again."

Correct.

"he's still a contender"

Actually as a Trigg fan I would disagree with that at this point in time.