Do you think your jiu jitsu game develops based on

The jujitsu style you develop is obviously very dependent on what you've been taught over the years.

But what do you think shapes your particular bag of tricks more, physical body type and strength length etc.  Or is it your mental disposition, your problem solving abilities etc?

personality/problem solving

I think if it were up to your physical composition and how you're built, then everybody in the same weight classes would have a similar game. There's gotta be something more, because we know that's not the case.

Your game will be a summation of: 

Body type

Personality

Experiences in training

Experiences will shape it the most.  Personality is probably next.  

Problem solving abilities. Always looking to improvise and take alternative routes. Thinking like a cornered chimpanzee helps when your defending.

I like to think that it's more of a product of the training partners you've been exposed to over the years. De La Riva didn't develop his guard in response to a bunch of buttfloppers.

I think the first influence of your game is your teacher. The guy who teach you in the first years will imprint his game on you quite a bit.

Then the rules you play will influence your BJJ. Do you training with striking, with leglocks, IBJJF, Stand Up, Gi NO Gi, all that influences the decisions you make on the ground and is a big part of it.

Then it is your body type. Long legs, short legs, etc.

Also your charakter and mental attitude and belive system. Aggressive, relaxed, playful, straight to the point, all that plays a role.

After that it is time that shape your game ALOT. I would say every decade changed me big time.....

I think it is very interesting. Some people just do what they are used to doing for a long time, regardless of what their instructors' game is like or what techniques they teach.
Body type definitely influences it, as does attitude. A lot of people just have a default setting to which they revert to every time they roll, so it just starts to get ingrained.

Training influences style.

Personality influences game.

Physiology influences technique.

body type

then problem solving Id say

experiences, imo.

How people play at your academy is what you learn to problem solve against. How would you learn to pass spider guard if everyone is playing half guard at your gym? If noone passed from their feet, you're going to have a really hard practicing and learning the De la riva guard.

Interesting. But wouldn't your experiences be similar to many of your training partners training with the same people? 

i guess everyone will take something different from their experiences.

Some people will avoid getting into that situation and others will recognize their problem areas and try to understand them better. 

I think one of the most important things would be a persons ability to critically examine and learn from their experiences. 

Wutang -

experiences, imo.

How people play at your academy is what you learn to problem solve against. How would you learn to pass spider guard if everyone is playing half guard at your gym? If noone passed from their feet, you're going to have a really hard practicing and learning the De la riva guard.

This.

I still don't have much of a clue VD xguard because only a handful of blackbelts play that game at my gym.

Likewise I used to dominate the entire gym with my 93 guard then I changed countries and gyms and now everyone just stands up and backs out of that guard and I've reverted to playing deep half.

Training partners mould you more than anyone else. My second bjj professor influenced my game far more than my first did I'm half the time because his game simply gelled with me.