Do you tip on "pick up" orders in restaurants now?

xNate -
Bilge Water -

If you're gonna tip for that why not tip at McDonald's as well? No difference.

nonsense.

Sense. There's no different whatsoever, they're handing you a bag over the counter.

Fuck no, how is this even a question?

Yeah it's interesting...this morning I tipped $1 on a $3 coffee, but a few weeks ago I tipped like $3 on a $50 carry out pizza order.....there appears to be no rhyme or reason. I usually have a mini panic every time I see the tip line on a carry out order...I guess I roughly go something along the lines of $1.5 per item ordered, regardless of cost on carry out.

I hate takeout and refuse to order it. The food is shit when you get home. But if I did order it I wouldn’t even know who to tip. The person that hands it to me? I think that’s silly. 

No

Never have, never will.

normally 5% , during this pandemic 10% 

mostly because I want them to stay open. 

Joey_Bello -

Fuck no, how is this even a question?

Because news outlets and people are posting info saying to do it. I find it strange and felt the need to ask the OG

Fuck naw!

I am tipping on takeout. Restaurants are having a hard time and I want to give them a little extra. 

Yes. I waited and bartended in college and we had two go orders we had to get ready as well. 

Also, with Covid going on they can use some help.

TFK_shampoohorn -

No. Hell no. And shame on you all for trying to make this a thing.  This tipping culture really needs to go away. 

Enjoy your $27 cheeseburger.

Always. Pre covid too. 

20-25% tip is fucking bullshit.

donkypunch55 -
TFK_shampoohorn -

No. Hell no. And shame on you all for trying to make this a thing.  This tipping culture really needs to go away. 

Enjoy your $27 cheeseburger.

If culvers dares to add a tip line I'll never go back.

I get why waiters/waitresses get tipped. I've worked restaurants early on. But you are just overpaying in hopes the staff looks at you cheerfully for 2 seconds.  No one works for minimum wage anymore outside of waitresses who rely on those tips and they don't really exist in most places due to pandemic.

You are tipping a guy making around $12 an hour for nothing and making it normal for us all to overpay. Stop that shit. 

Normally I don't tip for takeout ....

Last Saturday my oven died so I couldn't cook  turkey (Canada Thanksgiving).Someone told me about a turkey dinner take out a local restaurant was having.Order was placed ... I picked it up last Monday....Portion size was massive and just as good as Mom would make.....After dinner I drove back and tipped them $50.00 I was told the money was going to kitchen staff..and they deserved it.

I tipped a dollar to 10% on takeout pre-pandemic, dependent on the situation, unless somebody went well out of their way to make me not.

I'd like to know who started this tipping is obligatory now? Tipping is supposed to be based on quality of service, not just because you feel guilty or be shamed for not doing so.

usually 10% for food but went to DQ last night and even they had a tip option when paying and went no.

Nope I still don't tip on takeout.  All they did was cook it!?!?

Yeah I always tip