Do you use filler words like “You know”, “umm”? Et

Do yuh say “like” or “umm” or “you know”, etc... inbetaeen setences or during pauses while you gather your thoughts? 

I dont understand why intelligent people do it. Doesn’t it make more sense to pause instead?

It bugs me when others do so I don't. 

I’m intelligent. I do that when I’m discussing problems that are being worked on. Sometimes I think of a different solution mid thought or realize that a proposed solution may create an undesirable issue down the line. Basically I say “eehhhhh” like a tard instead of “recalculating”. 

Only when I use cocaine and I just rambled off on 5 different subjects in less than 2 minutes and forgot what I was talking about. 

I have to make a conscious effort to avoid this during public speaking or presentations. Cutting this out and slowing down your speech a little makes a huge difference in people actually hearing what you are conveying. 

Anything is better than the "right?" epidemic currently going on

Likey Likey like like Likey like like Likey Likey? 

Bad Monkey -

I’m intelligent. I do that when I’m discussing problems that are being worked on. Sometimes I think of a different solution mid thought or realize that a proposed solution may create an undesirable issue down the line. Basically I say “eehhhhh” like a tard instead of “recalculating”. 

Maybe you're not as smart as you think you uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh.

I remember taking some speech & drama classes decades ago, and the instructor coached the "umm" right the fuck out of my vocabulary. Im so thankful to this day and when I hear people, especially, those in a public speaking forum, it pains me to hear them. It completely turns me off from listening to them.

I used to do. During my early career I apparently did it a lot on the radio until my supervisor pointed out how stupid I sounded. Actually, he said "you sound like a fucking idiot". Since then I just pause when I would have said uhhhh and gather my thoughts 

ReneH -

I remember taking some speech & drama classes decades ago, and the instructor coached the "umm" right the fuck out of my vocabulary. Im so thankful to this day and when I hear people, especially, those in a public speaking forum, it pains me to hear them. It completely turns me off from listening to them.

Obama used to do it a lot. I'm sure lots of public figures do but that one always stuck with me

Caroline Kennedy, homie.

Bad Monkey -

Wow, you sound super smart bro! 

Technical Primates - 
Bad Monkey -

Wow, you sound super smart bro! 

Technical Primates shit-talking Bad Monkey.

We need TheBearStare to get in here and regulate. Although he's just a bear, I think he can get these two scoundrels to behave.

I try hard not to simply because i was told not to while giving class presentations in high school. Afew ums is ok but people say it inbetween every sentence and can get irritating. 

You know is funny cause maybe id know if the person would just spit out their fuckin words. 

ReneH -

How was the coaching? I am a 33 year old male and I know I say “umm” too much. It’s embarrassing when I think about it. I mean I don’t get called out on it but I’d prefer not to say it at all. I probably say “like” too much as well

Nope. I’m highly intelligent with an above average package. 

I had it beat out of me by Larry King & a public speaking job. I don't find intelligence has anything to do with it; smart people use smarter filler words, but they generally still do it unless it's been coached out.

I'll bet I'd catch most of you doing it IRL despite your protestations.

Wilders of the Lost Each -

Elon Musk is from South Africa, has a genius level IQ, but still structures his sentences like Kat Von D. 

His presentations are horrible!