Documentary On Psychotropic Drug Conspiracy

worth a watch

Very interested.  I'll watch this later or tomorrow at work. 

Later Phone Post 3.0

one of the biggest fraud industries of modern times.

there is no clinical diagnoses for mental illness. it's just people deciding if you fit certain criteria.

Ridiculous as hell.

EVILYOSHIDA - one of the biggest fraud industries of modern times.

there is no clinical diagnoses for mental illness. it's just people deciding if you fit certain criteria.

Ridiculous as hell.

Well, I can tell you already that this is absolutely not true.  Mental illness is a very real thing.  The brain is an organ just like any other organ, and just like any other organ can malfunction, the brain can also malfunction and cause psychological or behavioral issues. 

We may not yet completely understand why or precisely how certain psychotropic drugs work, but there is no doubt that they do work and they help many many people.  That said, because we don't have a complete understanding of exactly how they work, this also leads to cases where they can do harm instead of good.  

And any diagnosis of any illness or physiological problem is just people deciding if you fit certain criteria.  Hell, a fucking heart attack is just people deciding you meet certain criteria.  I'm not sure what your point is with that statement.  Any diagnosis is given because someone meets certain criteria.  That's precisely how diagnoses are made. 

Produced by Scientologists.

Psychiatry is primitive in a lot of ways and psych drugs are over prescribed, but this is not a good source of information. Phone Post 3.0

angryinch - 

Ridiculous as hell.

Well, I can tell you already that this is absolutely not true.  Mental illness is a very real thing.  The brain is an organ just like any other organ, and just like any other organ can malfunction, the brain can also malfunction and cause psychological or behavioral issues. 

We may not yet completely understand why or precisely how certain psychotropic drugs work, but there is no doubt that they do work and they help many many people.  That said, because we don't have a complete understanding of exactly how they work, this also leads to cases where they can do harm instead of good.  

And any diagnosis of any illness or physiological problem is just people deciding if you fit certain criteria.  Hell, a fucking heart attack is just people deciding you meet certain criteria.  I'm not sure what your point is with that statement.  Any diagnosis is given because someone meets certain criteria.  That's precisely how diagnoses are made. 

mental illness is real.. we all know that.. however there is no clinical diagnoses for most if not all of the diseases.

there is no objective test.

Also most of these clinical studies are fraudulent. the documentary makes it very clear.

rbl - Produced by Scientologists.

Psychiatry is primitive in a lot of ways and psych drugs are over prescribed, but this is not a good source of information. Phone Post 3.0

mental illness is real...

however if you admit it is primitive don't prescribe to little kids with developing brains. they have no idea how a lot of this stuff works

also even hardcore mental diseases like schizophrenia are reversible. Yep. In 2nd-3rd world countries it is reversible due to no medication used.

rbl - Produced by Scientologists.

lol...shit...is it really produced by scientologists?   In that case I'll pass.   

not sure if it was produced by scientology but the doc makes tons of valid points.

the doc criticizes fraudulent conflict of interest between regulatory authorities and big pharma.

it also exposes the fraudulent clinical studies.

the doc is very useful to get the other side.

EVILYOSHIDA - 
angryinch - 

Ridiculous as hell.

mental illness is real.. we all know that.. however there is no clinical diagnoses for most if not all of the diseases.

Also most of these clinical studies are fraudulent. the documentary makes it very clear.

If that documentary was really produced by scientologists, absolutely nothing in it is credible or reliable. 

"mental illness is real.. we all know that.. " - EY

Ironic mind blow. Phone Post 3.0

with a heart attack you could actually test it clinically.. if the heart is behaving abnormally it could be tested with one of those EEG meter things.

with cancer, you can test it.

with mental illness it is HOCUS POCUS... it is just some dude checking off a list based on what you say. it is unreliable as hell. they overprescribe these medications to dull the public AND to make money

angryinch - 
EVILYOSHIDA - 
angryinch - 

Ridiculous as hell.

If that documentary was really produced by scientologists, absolutely nothing in it is credible or reliable. 

if hitler said 2+ 2 = 4 it is still 4.

consider the message and not the messenger.

Scientology anyways IMO is bang on about big pharma anyways

check out this debate with Tom Cruise:

100% ownage by tom cruise

it's already admitted 50% of clinical studies at least are bullshit.

most of the studies cannot be replicated.

With this shoddy track record, clinical/nutritional studies need to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt .in addition they could just make up numbers. in fact I believe they are doing this.

In Phone Post 3.0

EVILYOSHIDA - with a heart attack you could actually test it clinically.. if the heart is behaving abnormally it could be tested with one of those EEG meter things.

with cancer, you can test it.

with mental illness it is HOCUS POCUS... it is just some dude checking off a list based on what you say. it is unreliable as hell. they overprescribe these medications to dull the public AND to make money

There are plenty of illnesses and disorders that do not have a specific test to diagnose and doctors are only able to provide a diagnosis based on certain criteria rather than specific tests.  Many disorders are also misdiagnosed, test or no test.  

Everything you are saying about mental illness being hocus pocus can be said for modern medicine in general.  Our knowledge of the human body and of certain disorders is relatively young, and the brain, being our most complex organ, is the most difficult to understand.  

Keep in mind that every so often, we discover new diseases and disorders that had not previously been known.  There was no test for them, they were simply diagnosed and discovered based on certain criteria.

Many disorders are diagnosed by just some dude checking off a list based on what you say.  That is the state of modern medicine, not just the subcategory of psychiatry.  Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise.  

BTW, there absolutely are noticeable differences between the brain scans of normal people and those who suffer depression or schizophrenia.  Thare are also differences in brain chemistry. 

you are right, but I think if the doctor is good often times they can pinpoint the illness or the symptoms.

if you have cancer they can do a CT scan and check conclusively for growths.

if you have gonorrhea they can do an actual test to see if you have it. same with chlamydia.

if you have a broken arm they can check with x-ray or just by feeling the bone.

With mental illness it's completely subjective. "I feel depressed"

doctor " you have a chemical imbalance.. here are anti-psychotics"

this is irresponsible as fuck

"my kid is hyper"

doctor " he has ADD, give him some mind numbing ritalin"

this is a crime against humanity folks