DODGE first place in quality!?!?!

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/24/jd-power-initial-quality-dodge-kia-tesla/

Dodge and Kia... Kia I can swallow hard and believe... but DODGE?!?!?!?

1 Like

Dodge them at all cost.... 

Get it?? 

1 Like

The 2020 Dodge Moneypit whips brah

Initial quality is bullshit and JD Power awards basically mean nothing. 

3 Likes

awilson82 - 

Yep. Who cares how reliable a car is in the first 30 or 90 days? I want to know how the car will hold up at 50, 75 thousand miles, or 36 months, 48 months.

1 Like

AnthonyWeiner -
awilson82 - 

Yep. Who cares how reliable a car is in the first 30 or 90 days? I want to know how the car will hold up at 50, 75 thousand miles, or 36 months, 48 months.

That’s why JD Power has multiple surveys for this very thing.  

IQS measures quality for the first 90 days.  Build quality, paint, buttons, knobs, climate control, infotainment, noise, etc

VDS measures problems reported over 3 years in the same areas. 

Mark

I’ve had my charger for 6 months, granted I only have 2,200 miles on it, but it’s awesome so far, no issues at all. 

Been looking at a new Grand Cherokee. It’s not a dodge but it’s basically the same thing. 

What do you do? Pull it out of your driveway, spit shine it then drag back into your garage? I think your opinion on its reliability should be a mute point. 

ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

I’ve had my charger for 6 months, granted I only have 2,200 miles on it, but it’s awesome so far, no issues at all. 

Those are amazing cars, from everything I have heard they are pretty reliable as well. 

1 Like
baj54 -

What do you do? Pull it out of your driveway, spit shine it then drag back into your garage? I think your opinion on its reliability should be a mute point. 

I work a ridiculous amount of hours, for that I have a company vehicle.  So I really only drive my personal car on the weekends, and yes, every time it goes out it is polished up first.  I chimed in because I have a dodge, and that’s what the thread is about, so I gave my opinion on my vehicle and stated myself that it/I have very little miles in it.  

and it’s moot, not mute.  

2 Likes

I had one of the 1st charger SRTs. Won’t buy another Dodge. I’m amazed they’re still using the LX platform. It’s been like 20 years since it came out.  

MDudikoff -

I had one of the 1st charger SRTs. Won’t buy another Dodge. I’m amazed they’re still using the LX platform. It’s been like 20 years since it came out.  

I had an 08 RT, and it was great. I'm curious why you didn't like the SRT?   I took mine on road trips, daily driver, I especially loved the nav system at that time.  I like the look of the new ones but I get almost 30 mpg with my WRX and there's no weather condition that I have to leave it at gone.  

Im on my 3rd leased 1500. My neighbor works for the dealership and I get a deal I cant pass on, every lease.

Ive never gone over 12,000 miles, so I have nothing to offer regarding long term. I have never had an issue, though.

My last full size before going to Dodge, was an 07' F150 Lariat.
I had a ton of brake issues on the front end, and fought alignment issues constantly. It had no balls in comparison to the Dodge, but I liked the F150, otherwise.

My wife has the Grand Cherokee, and loves it. She is on her 2nd one, and we have had no issues with them. She got close to 50k on her first one, then traded it in for her new one.

Either of us drive more than 10 miles per day, typically.

MDudikoff -

They aren’t using the LX platform. The LX hasn’t been used since 2010 or so. 

it’s been replaced by LD/LC/LA 

Mark

Buffer720 -
MDudikoff -

I had an 08 RT, and it was great. I'm curious why you didn't like the SRT?   I took mine on road trips, daily driver, I especially loved the nav system at that time.  I like the look of the new ones but I get almost 30 mpg with my WRX and there's no weather condition that I have to leave it at gone.  

It was a pig of a car. Even with the bigger 6.1 (at the time). Big, heavy, and slow for what it was. Fucking looked great though. Granted, the Hellcat engine is much better now and the transmission is light years ahead, the SRT8 was a brick. The new ones are powerful, but I’d like to see them build a car that can corner as well as run the quarter. Ford and Chevy are making true track cars now (Camaro ZL1, corvette ZR1, Mustang 350-R) and I’d like to see Dodge do the same. Dodge is great at marketing though. 

Huh, no mention of Toyota? Pretty sure ‘Toyota’ is Japanese for ‘reliability’.

...I could be wrong and have no sources for that claim.

1 Like

"initial quality"... congrats on rolling off the lineand not breaking down????

1 Like

Buffer720 -
MDudikoff -

I still have an 06 300 SRT and it’s been a great car.