Does Anderson have KO power?

I don't think so. He's never put anyone to sleep with one punch and his only 'one shot KO' was against Tony Frykland with the crazy Ong Bak elbow-uppercut.

Rogan often mentions that you're born with power and if you don't have it there's nothing you can do to gain it. If that's true I think it shows how incredible Anderson's technique and accuracy is, that he can be such a devastating striker with such little raw power.

Is power innate and is Anderson the exception that proves the rule?

He's so accurate he doesn't need Hendo power. Every shots on the button. Phone Post

Zed Wayne Zed - Well, put it like this.

If you can breathe, he can put you down in cartoon-like fashion.

Cartoon like fashion!-----LOL

This man speaketh the truth Phone Post

Only reason he doesn't get those big one punch KOs is because he's not swinging with everything he's got for the most part. He's more focused on landing his shots than trying to break their jaw. Machida is the same way, he obviously has power (look at Bader going nite-nite) but he rarely lands a shot like that because he's more concerned with connecting rather than KO'ing.
Just look at the face of his opponent when he lands a jab and you'll see how much power he has compared to a feather fisted guy doing the same thing.

His knees have ko power Phone Post

He doesn't have one-punch lights out power. He doesn't need it though and he lights up guys that so have it. Speed doesn't slump.....until age removes it.

When his speed and reflexes leave him, (his trump card right now) we will see frightful beatings put on him. I for one, hope he retires before this happens.

Guys that have knockout power carry that with them through to the end of their careers; it keeps them in very fight. Henderson and Goerge Foreman are extreme examples of this. When its speed and reflexes that a fighter has; when it "goes" they start to take beatings (Ali, Roy Jones, Ray Leonard). Phone Post

CaliKush - 

His knees have ko power Phone Post

And elbows.

He KO'd Forrest with a jab... Phone Post

Zed Wayne Zed - Well, put it like this.

love it lol VTFU

JCSUPERMAN -

love it lol VTFU

Phone Post

simonpe - He KO'd Forrest with a jab... Phone Post

Think he dropped okami with a jab before ko'ing him Phone Post

StringerBell -
JCSUPERMAN -

love it lol VTFU

Phone Post

Like the screenname. Phone Post

Samoa - 

He doesn't have one-punch lights out power. He doesn't need it though and he lights up guys that so have it. Speed doesn't slump.....until age removes it.

When his speed and reflexes leave him, (his trump card right now) we will see frightful beatings put on him. I for one, hope he retires before this happens.

Guys that have knockout power carry that with them through to the end of their careers; it keeps them in very fight. Henderson and Goerge Foreman are extreme examples of this. When its speed and reflexes that a fighter has; when it "goes" they start to take beatings (Ali, Roy Jones, Ray Leonard). Phone Post

I don't know. Most mma strikers are just plain terrible, particularly on defense. Even without speed/reflexes, Anderson still has vastly greater skill, timing, and accuracy than most.

James Irvin would say yes.

While Anderson might not hit as hard as say Hendo, he does hit pretty hard.

Anderson also has laser precision counter strikes, and you know what they say: the ones that hurt the most are the ones you don't see coming.

Has enough power in any one of his limbs to stop any man on the planet @ 185 and 205.. So ya. Phone Post

You have to have power to drop Chris Leben with strikes.

orcus -
Samoa -  He doesn't have one-punch lights out power. He doesn't need it though and he lights up guys that so have it. Speed doesn't slump.....until age removes it.

I don't know. Most mma strikers are just plain terrible, particularly on defense. Even without speed/reflexes, Anderson still has vastly greater skill, timing, and accuracy than most.

Yeah, my point is that when his speed and reflexes go and the deficit between him and his opponents is eliminated........ Phone Post

Fast Pitch - James Irvin would say yes.

He one punched KO'd Irvin? No. He doesn't possess that kind of power. He possesses laser accuracy with very good power and then swarms for a ref stoppage. Phone Post

orcus - 
Samoa - 

I suppose it depends on how he adapts as he ages, if he insists on continuing to fight at range and look for counters it could get messy quite quickly but I can imagine a 45 year old Anderson stalking forward, getting a clinch and landing knees. I seriously doubt we'll see him decline like Roy Jones, or any boxer for that matter, because of all the other skills he has.