Does Anderson have KO power?

Yoghurt -
Samoa - 
Yoghurt -
Samoa - 
Tad Ghostal -
Samoa - 
Fast Pitch - James Irvin would say yes.

He one punched KO'd Irvin? No. He doesn't possess that kind of power. He possesses laser accuracy with very good power and then swarms for a ref stoppage. Phone Post

'Swarms'? That makes it sound like he swings wildly until the ref pulls him off. One of the things I find most impressive is his accuracy when punching a downed opponent. Irvin was covering up and he still managed to land cleanly.

That's not what I meant.....but review the finishes of his fights.....that's what I meant.

People area misunderstanding what I mean so will be clear:

Anderson does NOT have one punch end the fight touch you and done power. Fedor, Henderson, Rampage, Hunt, Carwin, Hendricks, Condit, kind of power.

I'm not denigrating the guy. I'm not saying he isn't the GOAT, but I am writing the truth. Phone Post

Condit next to Fedor,Hendo,Carwin and Hunt? Derp

I was thinking of one punch KO's and Condits knockout of Hardy came to mind. Maybe you can derp an example of a one PUNCH / walk away KO punch of Anderson's? Which punch?

That would mean that Condit POSSESSESthe power for it, if he did it, right? Phone Post

Point to a specific place in my post where i said Condit does not possess KO power.

I put him in a group as possessing one punch KO power. If you did NOT disagree with him possessing that power, explain your response post with herp in it. Phone Post

Archie Moore was once asked if he was a hard puncher, he said no just a sharp one. I think the same applies here.

Samoa - 
orcus -
Samoa -  He doesn't have one-punch lights out power. He doesn't need it though and he lights up guys that so have it. Speed doesn't slump.....until age removes it.

When his speed and reflexes leave him, (his trump card right now) we will see frightful beatings put on him. I for one, hope he retires before this happens.

Guys that have knockout power carry that with them through to the end of their careers; it keeps them in very fight. Henderson and Goerge Foreman are extreme examples of this. When its speed and reflexes that a fighter has; when it "goes" they start to take beatings (Ali, Roy Jones, Ray Leonard). Phone Post

I don't know. Most mma strikers are just plain terrible, particularly on defense. Even without speed/reflexes, Anderson still has vastly greater skill, timing, and accuracy than most.

Yeah, my point is that when his speed and reflexes go and the deficit between him and his opponents is eliminated........ Phone Post

And what I was saying is that there will still be a large deficit between Anderson and his opponents. He has more than just speed and reflexes. Personally I don't even think he is particularly fast. 

Samoa - 
Yoghurt -
Samoa - 
Yoghurt -
Samoa - 
Tad Ghostal -
Samoa - 

He one punched KO'd Irvin? No. He doesn't possess that kind of power. He possesses laser accuracy with very good power and then swarms for a ref stoppage. Phone Post

'Swarms'? That makes it sound like he swings wildly until the ref pulls him off. One of the things I find most impressive is his accuracy when punching a downed opponent. Irvin was covering up and he still managed to land cleanly.

That's not what I meant.....but review the finishes of his fights.....that's what I meant.

Anderson does NOT have one punch end the fight touch you and done power. Fedor, Henderson, Rampage, Hunt, Carwin, Hendricks, Condit, kind of power.

I'm not denigrating the guy. I'm not saying he isn't the GOAT, but I am writing the truth. Phone Post

I was thinking of one punch KO's and Condits knockout of Hardy came to mind. Maybe you can derp an example of a one PUNCH / walk away KO punch of Anderson's? Which punch?

That would mean that Condit POSSESSESthe power for it, if he did it, right? Phone Post

Point to a specific place in my post where i said Condit does not possess KO power.

I put him in a group as possessing one punch KO power. If you did NOT disagree with him possessing that power, explain your response post with herp in it. Phone Post

I refuse to believe that you lack the cognitive ability to see the difference between 100kg+ monsters(and hendricks who has maybe as much power as they do) and a dude that once landed a nice punch on Dan Hardy but usually throws nothing close to these guys in terms of power.

Also,Hardy wasn't out until the follow-up shot,so there's that.

Yoghurt -
Samoa - 
Yoghurt -
Samoa - 
Yoghurt -
Samoa - 
Tad Ghostal -
Samoa - 

I refuse to believe that you lack the cognitive ability to see the difference between 100kg+ monsters(and hendricks who has maybe as much power as they do) and a dude that once landed a nice punch on Dan Hardy but usually throws nothing close to these guys in terms of power.

Was the pre-req for the group to be monsters, or to possess one punch knockout power? Seriously answer that. Phone Post

Phil999 -
Samoa - 
orcus -
Samoa -  He doesn't have one-punch lights out power. He doesn't need it though and he lights up guys that so have it. Speed doesn't slump.....until age removes it.

When his speed and reflexes leave him, (his trump card right now) we will see frightful beatings put on him. I for one, hope he retires before this happens.

Guys that have knockout power carry that with them through to the end of their careers; it keeps them in very fight. Henderson and Goerge Foreman are extreme examples of this. When its speed and reflexes that a fighter has; when it "goes" they start to take beatings (Ali, Roy Jones, Ray Leonard). Phone Post

I don't know. Most mma strikers are just plain terrible, particularly on defense. Even without speed/reflexes, Anderson still has vastly greater skill, timing, and accuracy than most.

Yeah, my point is that when his speed and reflexes go and the deficit between him and his opponents is eliminated........ Phone Post

So your point is when he gets older and is unable to fight as well as he does now he will lose more?

Brilliant.

Reading comprehension is not your friend. Phone Post

orcus -
Samoa - 
orcus -

And what I was saying is that there will still be a large deficit between Anderson and his opponents. He has more than just speed and reflexes. Personally I don't even think he is particularly fast. 

There will still be a large deficit after it (speed and reflexes) is removed? Phone Post

Samoa - 
Yoghurt -
Samoa - 
Yoghurt -
Samoa - 
Yoghurt -
Samoa - 
Tad Ghostal -
Samoa - 

Was the pre-req for the group to be monsters, or to possess one punch knockout power? Seriously answer that. Phone Post

Did I say it was and that you failed to meet the pre-req?

Also,answer how the Hardy "KO" is different from the Forrest "KO",since they both weren't out after the initial strike.

Anderson "Pillow hands" Silva!

Brock Lobster - 

He's so accurate he doesn't need Hendo power. Every shots on the button. Phone Post

this....

did you see him tap Forrests jaw and drop him?

how about when he caught JAmes irvin's kick and countered with that straight....Irvin curled up IMMEDIATELY

even though not the face, that knee he delivered to Bonnar literally paralyzed him.....

what silva may "lack" in power, he more than makes up for it with the efficiency and accuracy of his strikes

Ok, ok, I've been beaten into submission with Condit having one punch KO power. Take him off the list. The fact remains that Anderson doesn't possess one-punch knockout power. He doesn't starch guys with one touch like THE REST of the guys on the list. Phone Post

Samoa - 

Ok, ok, I've been beaten into submission with Condit having one punch KO power. Take him off the list. The fact remains that Anderson doesn't possess one-punch knockout power. He doesn't starch guys with one touch like THE REST of the guys on the list. Phone Post

Never said Anderson did,just protested the Condit thing.
Have a nice day sir :)

"There will still be a large deficit after it (speed and reflexes) is removed?"

Yes, as I said in my first post, I think there is a much greater gap between Anderson and his opponents in terms of skill and timing and accuracy than there is in speed and reflexes. Also as I said, I don't think Anderson is particularly fast in the first place. 

The infamous gifs of Anderson dodging all of Griffin's or Franklin's strikes is not reflexes so much as it is skill. I don't think he is reacting, he is predicting. His actual movement speed is typically nothing remarkable.

Ask Forrest griffin Phone Post

Samoa - 

Fedor has "starched" only a few guys in his entire career with one punch, and all of them were at the end of it. Arlovski is known for having a glass chin and Rizzo's chin is widely regarded as shot for awhile now. Actually if you don't count Anderson's wins where he drops a guy with one shot and finishes with one or two more on the ground, you can't count Fedor's over Rogers (Rogers actually protested the stoppage btw).

Where are Hunt's one punches? I guess you have to go to K-1 because in MMA, Tuscherer is the only one. 

Anderson took Forrest out with one easy punch, something no one else has done. He put ironhead Leben down with one jab. He broke Irvin with one punch. He KO'd Fryklund with one elbow. He put Bonnar away with one knee. Took out Vitor with one kick. 

orcus - 

"There will still be a large deficit after it (speed and reflexes) is removed?"

Yes, as I said in my first post, I think there is a much greater gap between Anderson and his opponents in terms of skill and timing and accuracy than there is in speed and reflexes. Also as I said, I don't think Anderson is particularly fast in the first place. 

The infamous gifs of Anderson dodging all of Griffin's or Franklin's strikes is not reflexes so much as it is skill. I don't think he is reacting, he is predicting. His actual movement speed is typically nothing remarkable.

You don't think the speed in which he kicked Vitor was remarkable? I agree with your point that it's not just his speed that makes him so good but I wouldn't call it unremarkable.

dbl

Fedor has starched guys.....so he has that power. My point made.

Reflexes has to do with timing and speed. Time will tell, but IMO (contrary to your OPINION) time will wear on his reflexes which will affect his timing and ability to react to his opponent. Phone Post