Does anyone actually support the ACA?

If anyone knew anything about Medicare, they never would've supported the Affordable Care Act. I was helping my brother, that just got out of college, select some healthcare until he gets a job. This shit is ridiculous. The most basic plans have a $400 premium and a $7000 deductible. How is this even affordable for the average American??? I'm lucky that my employer group has the rates that it does, but in no way is the ACA something that Americans want. Phone Post 3.0

My insurance is much cheaper with the ACA than it was before...

I know everyone is different...

But there seem to be pretty good deals.

^^^ To be clear, monthly premium is $250 and deductible is $1,500 with a maximum of something like $6,000.

That isn't terrible. 

Yep, as someone who has someone very close to them, who is a two-time cancer survivor, the new s*** Obama put forth has really saved that person's life. Phone Post 3.0

I purchased a plan outdide of the ACA. That means I still have to pay the penalty (WTF) because the insurance I purchased does not meet the Obamacare standard. that's right! I have insurance, but because it doesn't meet some arbitrary standard set by Obama and Pelosi, I have to pay extra come tax time

But get this: I have a $500 deductible, 80/20 plan and I pay $110 a month.

If I want a similar Obamacare plan, it would be a $5,000 deductible, a 60/40 plan and would cost over $110 a month.

LMFAO. I can have health insurance, pay the penalty and still save money.

Fuck Obamacare.

lionsoul -

^^^ To be clear, monthly premium is $250 and deductible is $1,500 with a maximum of something like $6,000.

That isn't terrible. 

You're one of the few to be honest. That's not a common story Phone Post 3.0

formerspook - 
lionsoul -

That isn't terrible. 

That's not true... 

You go to the website and every state offers plans with different features.

I am not getting some special deal.

Anyone who wants it can get it.

Medicare broker here.

It's absolute trash. Phone Post 3.0

Hikikomori - Yep, as someone who has someone very close to them, who is a two-time cancer survivor, the new s*** Obama put forth has really saved that person's life. Phone Post 3.0
Which I guess is what it was created for, but what are the people paying for that didn't need it. Even a bronze plan has ridiculous premiums. For most people, they're paying premiums just to say they have something that will never actually pay out with all the crazy deductibles Phone Post 3.0

Marion Cobretti - Medicare broker here.

Medicare is damn near a criminal act itself. That shit preys on old people and their pensions. The only ones that actually benefit are the ones that have a 100% subsidy Phone Post 3.0

I support the effort at systemic reform that the ACA represents. The actual legislation and implementation are a horribly compromised clusterfuck.

lionsoul -
formerspook - 
lionsoul -

That isn't terrible. 

That's not true... 

I have seen nothing even close to that in my state.  More like $350/month,  3500 deductible, no rx benefit or Dr. copay. 

Bad Monkey -
lionsoul -
formerspook - 
lionsoul -

That isn't terrible. 

That's not true... 

I have seen nothing even close to that in my state.  More like $350/month,  3500 deductible, no rx benefit or Dr. copay. 

Pretty standard. I haven't seen those rates in AZ and I was looking all day with my brother. I told him it was easier to take the penalty until he can find a job that offers insurance. On the off chance he gets sick, he can just pay out of pocket Phone Post 3.0

formerspook -
Marion Cobretti - Medicare broker here.

Medicare is damn near a criminal act itself. That shit preys on old people and their pensions. The only ones that actually benefit are the ones that have a 100% subsidy Phone Post 3.0
I put people on Medicare advantage plans. It cost them zero.

I wish I was eligible for these plans. Phone Post 3.0