Does anyone do crypto mining?

Do you just set up a miner in your house and that’s it? How does it work and do you earn good? 

I currently have the Bee Network and the Pi network mining on the phone.  Not sure if it does anything, but oh well.  Let me know if you guys want to go in and I'll drop a referal code so we can both get 25% more when mining.

I heard the Chinese are running operations the size of a super Walmart and unless you can compete, yield is super low. 

Maybe you can yield more in the shittier of shitcoins?

Not sure. 

fob -

I currently have the Bee Network and the Pi network mining on the phone.  Not sure if it does anything, but oh well.  Let me know if you guys want to go in and I'll drop a referal code so we can both get 25% more when mining.

What kind of earnings are you seeing?

I’ve got a buddy who’s got a small rig mining Etherium.

The bigger / more valuable ones are being mined most effectively by warehouse sized operations that specifically set up shop where electricity cost is the lowest. Like in Iceland.

You can’t even buy the GPU’s that the big operations use, can you? They’re sold out way in advance?

Anyway, as anything beyond hobby probably not worth doing.

i mine SCP using an S11, as they are cheap but getting hard to find. purely speculative but have been hording a bag of the coin instead of selling it as i hope it has some price discovery soon. it sucks power but i get good rates. also heats my basement. :slight_smile:

How many of you torture yourselves thinking about how you should have used your computer to mine bitcoin 9 years ago? Or torture yourselves thinking how many lifetimes of fuck you money you'd have if you just bought 5,000 bitcoins when it was at $1 in 2011?

There are a few OGers who forgot their wallet password or lost their wallet which today would be valued in the tens of millions.

1 Like
TerrySilver - 
fob -

What kind of earnings are you seeing?

I started like 2-3 weeks ago on bee.  Currently have 335 coins.  Mining .6 an hour

I started pi like 3 days ago.  Currently have 6.42 coins.  Mining at a rate of .12 an hour

Left the code below if anyone wants to join.

Bee referral - 'ears'

Pi referral - 'earholess'

I have a new 3060 pc, son told me to give it a try. Quick hash miner or something. I couldnt get it going properly, but only messed with it a bit. I think it estimated $7.00 a day. No clue if I will pursue it, I likely have good energy rates.

Jack Carter - 

How many of you torture yourselves thinking about how you should have used your computer to mine bitcoin 9 years ago? Or torture yourselves thinking how many lifetimes of fuck you money you'd have if you just bought 5,000 bitcoins when it was at $1 in 2011?

There are a few OGers who forgot their wallet password or lost their wallet which today would be valued in the tens of millions.

Dumb to agonize about it.

Its like keeping a certain beanie baby or baseball card or something, more luck than skill.

Jack Carter -

If SWIM had all the bitcoin he spent on the silk road back in the day he'd have many millions and millions of dollars. 

I Would love to get a dedicated mining rig.  

iclimb513 - I've got a buddy who's got a small rig mining Etherium.

The bigger / more valuable ones are being mined most effectively by warehouse sized operations that specifically set up shop where electricity cost is the lowest. Like in Iceland.

You can’t even buy the GPU’s that the big operations use, can you? They’re sold out way in advance?

My buddy has been trying to source a solid GPU for a new pc build for cpl months. When he first mentioned it I said “good luck finding a good raphics card, they’ve been hard to find” and he thought I was full of shit. 

Very hard to obtain one, let alone several powerful GPUs

tumbleweed - i mine SCP using an S11, as they are cheap but getting hard to find. purely speculative but have been hording a bag of the coin instead of selling it as i hope it has some price discovery soon. it sucks power but i get good rates. also heats my basement. :)

found the site blakemining.com

looks like 1x S11 will do around $20 at about 5 cents per kwh costs mining SCP.

Fuck miners! I want a fucking RTX 3080 for my computer. 

0hi0direct -
iclimb513 - I've got a buddy who's got a small rig mining Etherium.

My buddy has been trying to source a solid GPU for a new pc build for cpl months. When he first mentioned it I said “good luck finding a good raphics card, they’ve been hard to find” and he thought I was full of shit. 

Very hard to obtain one, let alone several powerful GPUs

Maybe by summer stock might go back up. I want one myself.

Bump for updates. Also, with GPUs apparently being sold in large quantities out of China, does anyone want to elaborate on their setup? Maybe do an ELI5 on how to get a mining rig setup?