Does Anyone Play Older FPS games anymore?

csgo regular. but cods taken over right now

All I generally play is retro. Most times retro console but I play some old school PC games. However I find myself addicted to the old Sierra point and click games. Playing Full Throttle right now.

Once every few years I'll play through Deus Ex. One of the best games ever. 

Tomato Can - 
HotSteppa - Just got Doom 2016 along with all 3 originals for PS4!! Anyone else played it?

Great game. Would be the best FPS I've played in years but I played Titanfall 2 a few months later and I think I liked it even more.

Great to hear! Going to play ti when I find some time.

Doom has a great modding scene.

Another I miss: Team Fortress >

2 fort was the best map. So much chaos hahaha

1 Like

David@accu - All I generally play is retro. Most times retro console but I play some old school PC games. However I find myself addicted to the old Sierra point and click games. Playing Full Throttle right now.

Still my favorite genre to this day.

Those games gave a fuck about characters and narrative like a decade before action oriented games started putting the effort in.

If you guys like retro games check out Hotline Miami 1 and 2.  They're awesome top down shooters, really fun and great soundtrack.  It's kind of like that movie Drive on acid

1 Like

I never play anything newer than Quake 3 Arena.

Doom 2, Serious Sam, Unreal. Those are what I play 95% of the time. 

dom1n1c -

I have so many memories of playing duke3d. Such a unique game for the time.

anyone remember Rise Of the Triad? Used to play that one a lot.

Rise of the Triad was awesome!

Anybody remember Shadow Warrior?  The Asian duke nukem (same company)

duke nukem used to be a side scroller. Id software was awesome with their shareware games

1 Like

Briscoe -

Are these only through pc and not consoles like Xbox or ps?

I play doom2 with my 8 year old sometimes 

Outlaws and Soldier of fortune(the first one with the flying limbs and gore) were fun as hell.

My 10 year old has been playing the DOOM VR game on PSVR a lot lately.

Stalker but Stalker Anomaly which is basically all the stalkers stitched together but a stand alone mod that you dont need any of the original games to play.

And its free

I would play Delta Force 2 again if people were still playing it. This game was no joke. One shot and you're dead. No health, no med kits, no loot crates, no buffs, no power ups

One shot and you're DEAD

Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
Briscoe -

Are these only through pc and not consoles like Xbox or ps?

I'm pretty sure you can get the full doom 2 on ps4 for like $5 or something like that.

All the ones I listed can be gotten on pc using steam and are extremely cheap since they're old games. 

Grenade Launchers.. in the Temple.. no radar...

Pistols only... in the Facility... no radar

1 Like