Does Barao deserve the rematch?

I think he does. I see many people saying he doesn't. He was on a 32 fight win streak. Does that alone not give you enough of a reason? Wasn't that the longest streak of any current MMA fighter? And also, I heard he was sick with the flu or something during the fight.. Which that would explain why TJ looked on a whole different level of speed.

At the end of the day, I am Team USA. I hope TJ keeps the belt. But I think without a shadow of a doubt Barao deserves an immediate rematch. Everyone has a bad day eventually. Barao had his finally.

I don't want to see Barao vs anyone but TJ. Just like I don't want to see TJ vs anyone but Barao. At least for now, I want to see if he can do it again.

Barao's streak was practically TWICE as long as Anderson Silvas.

If it was close and there were no other contenders, sure, give him the rematch.

Barao got beat handily bad day or not.  Given his impressive streak, beating one guy before the rematch really shouldn't be tough.

FWIW I hate almost all immediate rematches.

He didn't lose on a fluke KO, nor did he lose a decision or lucky shot situation
He was beaten post to pillar in almost all the aspects of the game AND finished late in the round.

He is a tremendous fighter regardless, shouldn't have a problem fighting and beating 1 or 2 guys before being given a title shot again and also would like to see how he reacts to such a loss. Comes back better, acts tentative, loses a step?

All things I'd like to see him showcase with someone besides the guy who wiped the cage with him

No. Phone Post 3.0

No. Normally when it is a close fight for someone that held the title for a very long time or a quick KO then I am just fine with seeing a rematch. In this case Barao was completely dominated and then finished. The fight left absolutely no doubt who the better fighter was and for that reason there should be no rematch.

Now if Barao won 1-2 fights then he should get a shot at getting the belt back for sure, but not an immediate rematch. Giving him such a quick rematch after a fight like that 100% tells every champ and contender that the champ must be defeated twice regardless of how dominant. It cheapens the title shot and the champion in my opinion.

Nope, not like he got finished. Phone Post 3.0

I'm more about the streak in the UFC not outside of it. How pride had pride records shown, not actual mma records. Based on that no he doesn't. The UFC feels to have no clue what its fans want, and it seems to have lost its grip on how to sell/build up a fight correctly.

No. He doesn't deserve a title shot. Neither does Chris Kamakazi Caraiso. Maybe its the theme of UFC 177. They should get a girl in the audience to fight Holly Holm on the card as well.

But maybe there will be some good fights and some finishes. Never can tell. It'd be crazy if BarĂ£o came in and wrecked T.J. Phone Post 3.0

There aren't a lot of alternatives. Do you really think Dillashaw/Mizugaki or Dillashaw/Assuncao II would improve the PPV buyrate? Of course not.

clattymine - 

If it was close and there were no other contenders, sure, give him the rematch.

Barao got beat handily bad day or not.  Given his impressive streak, beating one guy before the rematch really shouldn't be tough.

FWIW I hate almost all immediate rematches.

Agreed.

The division just got exciting again, don't mess it up Zuffa!

Comparing Barao to Cariaso is pretty unfair.

I cant imagine why Barao would even want this rematch...

After taking a beating like he did you need some time off... you should also want to re-tool, take a fight inbetween to shake it out and study Dillashaw in the meantime...

Yes. He got rocked bad early and fought with heart only the rest of the way. 32 fight win streak. He deserves it. Phone Post

No. But how much is barao making on his current contract? How much is dillashaw making?

The rematch will give both fighters more money than any other fight they could take, outside of Dillashaw v. Faber.

Only the fans are complaining. And what's worse is that 177 is stacking down to be another horribly weak ppv.

I dont think he does. TJ left no doubt. But if Barao some how wins you can bet UFC is gonna bank it on the third fight. Phone Post 3.0

I've definately been on the fence with regard to this issue for a while. Given Barao's streak, I don't see how anyone can consider him being given an immediate rematch a complete travesty. I was more against it because of the recent trend of constant rematches in the UFC. It would have been a better story if Barao had of needed to prove himself by beating someone like Mizugaki first.

Moss4hFillsMyPeeFountain - I've definately been on the fence with regard to this issue for a while. Given Barao's streak, I don't see how anyone can consider him being given an immediate rematch a complete travesty. I was more against it because of the recent trend of constant rematches in the UFC. It would have been a better story if Barao had of needed to prove himself by beating someone like Mizugaki first.
This makes sense. Phone Post 3.0

Moss4hFillsMyPeeFountain - I've definately been on the fence with regard to this issue for a while. Given Barao's streak, I don't see how anyone can consider him being given an immediate rematch a complete travesty. I was more against it because of the recent trend of constant rematches in the UFC. It would have been a better story if Barao had of needed to prove himself by beating someone like Mizugaki first.

"Prove himself" are two awful words, when it comes to Barao.