Does Brazil Have States?

I'm watching the Gleison Tibau vs Rich Clementi fight and Joe Rogan says, while refurring to Tibau, that he is a state champion in both BJJ and wrestling in Brazil.

Yes. 

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_of_Brazil

Awesome. End of thread. Mods please delete.

HansumBoy - Next time just try google, k?

I did. I literally typed "Does Brazil have states?" and didn't really turn up anything concrete, douche.

Fuzzy Badfeet - 
GJJ2803 - I'm watching the Gleison Tibau vs Rich Clementi fight and Joe Rogan says, while refurring to Tibau, that he is a state champion in both BJJ and wrestling in Brazil.

brazil does have states, but the "state" championship in brazil is the brasilerio, which is actually the nationals. so if someone tells you "fren, i make state champion in brazil" , they mean they are the national champion. allot of people here consider the Brasilerio the Mundial now that the worlds moved to Cali.

No, You're actually wrong... State championship stands for STATE Championships ONLY(ex: Rio de Janeiro State Championship, Sao Paulo State Championship, etc, etc) ... Brazilian National Championship = Brasileiro
Worlds = Mundial

"fren, i make state champion in brazil" , they mean they are the national champion

You're wrong about that too... If we say state champion, we mean state champion...

Musashi - ^ What do you know about championships anyway?!

(just kidding.. lol)

I don't know what it means, but I was searching on google... and that's what found as an answer. lol

When are you fighting again Vinny?

beatjnkie - When are you fighting again Vinny?

soon... if it was up to me I would have fought already, but it's up to the UFC, so I don't know...