Does Brett Rodgers Have Any Ground Game?

Does he have anything on the ground for Fedor?

I'm guessing that a sound game plan will prevail and Fedor will try to take down Rodgers and catch him in an arm bar.

Is Brett Rodgers another Houston Alexander?

we don't even know if he's got a stand up game. 8 cans, one real fight and a 30 second flurry don't tell much

Anybody hear the story of TJ DeSantis from Sherdog radio armbarring Rogers in training a few years ago?

If he wins it will be because it didn't matter.

BuddyRevell -  Anybody hear the story of TJ DeSantis from Sherdog radio armbarring Rogers in training a few years ago?

No but feel free to tell us?

Sprawl3r - 
BuddyRevell -  Anybody hear the story of TJ DeSantis from Sherdog radio armbarring Rogers in training a few years ago?

No but feel free to tell us?
LOL, that's all I know of the story.

ttt

nope he doesn't.

Fedor an his nuthuggers can save the world the anticipation and beat up the grocery bagger at the local supermarket or his garbageman and get the same effect.

If someone from Sherdog Radio can armbar you, your ground game is probably not that great :)

ThreadKiller - Does he have anything on the ground for Fedor?

Yes, it involves twitching and jerking smasmodically while lying face up on the canvas, aka the funky chicken.

gym tap stories mean nothing. I know one HW pro (another striker) that does nothing but sidemount escapes. He starts off in the worst position possible, and if he gets on top, and doesn't get a sub in 30 seconds, he restarts from under side mount. He does this one guy after another, until he's completely gassed. When he's gassed, he gets tapped occasionally, sometimes by guys that have no business tapping him. He could just start from the knees, muscle for top position and never get tapped, but for him, it's not about ego and winning in the gym, it's about winning when it matters.

GladiatorGannon - 

gym tap stories mean nothing. I know one HW pro (another striker) that does nothing but sidemount escapes. He starts off in the worst position possible, and if he gets on top, and doesn't get a sub in 30 seconds, he restarts from under side mount. He does this one guy after another, until he's completely gassed. When he's gassed, he gets tapped occasionally, sometimes by guys that have no business tapping him. He could just start from the knees, muscle for top position and never get tapped, but for him, it's not about ego and winning in the gym, it's about winning when it matters.
Well put.

I have seen high level guys get tapped in the gym by guys who should never tap them, but they try new things in the gym, get tired, delberately give up position etc

I have tapped guys who would KILL me in a grappling match if they wanted to, but sometimes they ask for me to start on their back and they try to escape. Do that enough with anyone and they will tap you eventually.

CRE - Fedor will not shoot on Rogers so it doesn't matter, Fedor's ego gets the best of him and he gets put to sleep in the first 2 minutes

Yes because everything we've seen from Fedor over the passed 8 years and 32 fights has shown that he fights based on his ego.

Well, seeing as the dude is bigger than Brock Lesnar, he must be pretty awesome on the ground.. right? That's all Brock is, just a big strong dude. Grime must be extra legit on the ground . . .

If you watch the Thompson fight you can learn a little bit about Rodgers. His punching is very wild, his takedown defense is Okay, and he showed he can get up rather quickly. Granted this was against James Thompson.

Fedor can win this fight standing or on the ground, it's up to him.

blue belt level

GladiatorGannon - 

gym tap stories mean nothing.

not to mention, getting tapped a few years ago?

a lot of embarrassing people could've tapped Lesnar a few years ago, it's beyond meaningless

CRE - Fedor will not shoot on Rogers so it doesn't matter, Fedor's ego gets the best of him and he gets put to sleep in the first 2 minutes

Well I partially agree with, mainly because Fedor doesn't shoot.  All of his takedowns are upper body or come from the clinch.

you dont need a ground game when all you dooze is work

Whatever Rogers's ground game is like, it will be deemed irrelevant by Fedor's GnP.

Rogers will get Babalu'd.