Does Brett Rodgers Have Any Ground Game?

Gym taps arent reliable.

hes gonna get zulued in 28 seconds tops

He has basic competence everywhere, from what I can tell. He's not Houston Alexander.

And no, he doesn't have anything for Fedor on the ground.

Someone in some thread some where said his ground game is decent, but it really doesn't matter does it?  He's not stepping up to fight a purple belt in BJJ he's fighting Fedor.  I would expect him to get subbed if he spends any appreciable time on the ground.

Nope, and he will be missing an arm after this fight

Brice W - If you watch the Thompson fight you can learn a little bit about Rodgers. His punching is very wild, his takedown defense is Okay, and he showed he can get up rather quickly. Granted this was against James Thompson.

How would you conclude "his takedown defense is Okay" from that fight? He managed to get up a lot, but Thompson finished every takedown he attempted; he put Rogers on the mat over and over. And Thompson isn't exactly a wrestling savant.

BuddyRevell - 
Sprawl3r - 
BuddyRevell -  Anybody hear the story of TJ DeSantis from Sherdog radio armbarring Rogers in training a few years ago?

No but feel free to tell us?
LOL, that's all I know of the story.

First of all, it's training. Secondly, a few years ago was in Brett started.

Brett is EXTREMELY hard to take down and even harder to hold down. Does get subs off his back, not really but he doesn't really need to. I have been training with him a few times a week for the last couple weeks. Last night was not so fun cuz did boxing sparring. neddless to say it didn't go well for me. Bretts hand speed is unreal and he hits on the button EVERY time. He knocked me down three dman times and flashed me OUT on the last one! The best part about Brett is that he is still humble and learns very fast. I showed him some guillotene set ups I do and he was nailing guys with when we were rolling. Stay tuned for more updates on the camp!!!

I've rolled with him a couple of times too and watched him on the mat and I agree with Shane - he is VERY tough to take down and very tough to keep down. He's "new" to the game so he'll have a hard time with Fedors sub game.

Rogers wont be tapping Fedor but this isn't going to be a Hong Man Choi type deal.

It annoys me how all these smart fans can sit here and pretend that Rogers is a formidable opponent for Fedor...Its one thing for a scumbag sycophant like Jerry Millen to say that but its another for the smartest fans of teh sport to say it as well. If anyone thinks Fedor won't get Bret down and either sub or TKO him in the first round they are dillusional or just retarded. TTT me on this too after teh fight happens

GladiatorGannon - 
BuddyRevell -  Anybody hear the story of TJ DeSantis from Sherdog radio armbarring Rogers in training a few years ago?

gym tap stories mean nothing. I know one HW pro (another striker) that does nothing but sidemount escapes. He starts off in the worst position possible, and if he gets on top, and doesn't get a sub in 30 seconds, he restarts from under side mount. He does this one guy after another, until he's completely gassed. When he's gassed, he gets tapped occasionally, sometimes by guys that have no business tapping him. He could just start from the knees, muscle for top position and never get tapped, but for him, it's not about ego and winning in the gym, it's about winning when it matters.

oh DAMN ... that is some word of TRUTH there...noone will top this !!

i didnt know rogers had a ground game LOL

B_Goetz - He has basic competence everywhere, from what I can tell.

How can you tell? I 've never seen him on the ground.

fedor wont shoot for the takedown anyways if he doesent knock him out quick he will take rodgers down from the clinch and sub him

GladiatorGannon - 
B_Goetz - He has basic competence everywhere, from what I can tell.

How can you tell? I 've never seen him on the ground.

that was my point exaclty

bhealthy - i've heard it said that his MMA ground game is as good as maia's, and he is better at implementing it when pressed

lol...please that isnt even worthy of a measuring stick..u got a what 185 lb guy vs 250-260lb?? i cant believe Rogers game is sound as a bjj champion PrOVEN grapplers level.

we will all like to see that translate in an mma match (not practice) against Fedor witha closer weight comparison and against someone truly trying to beat his head in .