Does Cains win mean more than Juniors?

Cain dominated all 25 minutes and was in control of every aspect of their second fight. Does this make his performance more impressive than juniors KO? Phone Post

Not really imo, winning the belt in convincing fashion is winning the belt in convincing fashion imo

I think they are equally as impressive. Phone Post

Cain showed he has the better skill-set. Anyone can get KO'd early. Phone Post

SamboSlim187 - 

Cain showed he has the better skill-set. Anyone can get KO'd early. Phone Post

Cain may be more rounded but they are still 1-1, JDS has finished Cain and JDS is one of the best at what he does

Cain got KOed early cuz thats what JDS does

Wasa-B -
SamboSlim187 -  Cain showed he has the better skill-set. Anyone can get KO'd early. Phone Post

Cain may be more rounded but they are still 1-1, JDS has finished Cain and JDS is one of the best at what he does

That's how I think of it. Junior applied his strategy in the first fight, Cain applied his in the second... Definitely excited to see the rubber match between them! Phone Post

I love both fighters and both had very impressive wins against the other. I do think it's a mistake to hold it against Junior for not 'dominating' Cain for five rounds simply because Junior forced a stoppage in the first. That's not his fault. Cain would be dead if the ref didn't stop their fight; on the other hand Junior weathered everything Cain threw at him (albeit barely) and the ref didn't need to step in. I agree that Cain has the overall better skillset but that's another discussion

Two great champs imho, and I'm happy for the successes both have found

Azn Keyboard Warrior - 
Wasa-B -
SamboSlim187 -  Cain showed he has the better skill-set. Anyone can get KO'd early. Phone Post

Cain was injured. An injury which disables you from ur skillset..
Jds first win doesnt really count Phone Post

living up to your name quite well

Brian Rule - I love both fighters and both had very impressive wins against the other. I do think it's a mistake to hold it against Junior for not 'dominating' Cain for five rounds simply because Junior forced a stoppage in the first. That's not his fault. Cain would be dead if the ref didn't stop their fight; on the other hand Junior weathered everything Cain threw at him (albeit barely) and the ref didn't need to step in. I agree that Cain has the overall better skillset but that's another discussion

Two great champs imho, and I'm happy for the successes both have found

Cherrycola - 
Wasa-B -

That's how I think of it. Junior applied his strategy in the first fight, Cain applied his in the second... Definitely excited to see the rubber match between them! Phone Post

Exact.

I don't care to look that far into it but would loves to see those 2 go at it again. Serious potential to see 3 very different styles of fight between the same 2 guys. Phone Post

Cherrycola - 

Cain dominated all 25 minutes and was in control of every aspect of their second fight. Does this make his performance more impressive than juniors KO? Phone Post

It absolutely does in my eyes. Anyone can get bingo'd on the wrong night. Not everyone can dominate the heavyweight champion of the world for 25 straight minutes. Actually JDS's loss to Cain makes me respect him more than KOing Cain did. He took a hell of a beating and showed tremendous heart.

yes dominating over 25 minutes is more telling of who the superior fighter is rather than a quick KO, which potentially could be a fluke...that being said, jds could easily catch him again

Cains win is pretty indicative of what the first fight might have looked like if Cain had been healthy and had his top mobility to actually fight the way we know he can.

JDS is a monster and capitalized in the first fight. NO reason he did not deserve the win on that night. He was injured himself but the injury didn't hamper his style of arsenal as much cains injury hampered his. Last night I believe they were both at there best. (who knows maybe something will come out saying JDS was injured etc etc).

Last night we had 25 minutes to see that
A. Cain was able to out strike JDS
B. Cain was able to take down the notoriously difficult to take down JDS
C. Cain out cardio'd JDS which I think was the story of the fight
D. Cain's ring generalship was on point - he knew that his cardio was limited in itself he seemed to reserve it.

If you notice her didn't go full bore on the punches after the 2nd round. The punch he dropped JDS with had more pop in it than all the other punches. Think he was very smart to do it that way instead of go nuts and try and put all the energy. Not saying he didn't try and finish but he looked to do it cumulatively instead of in one big combo or shot.

This win is more telling in my eyes.
Do I think JDS can come back sure, but its pretty clear who the better fighter at this point in history is.

I'm never that satisfied by quick KOs that happen before the fighters really get into their groove. Again and again, people are overly impressed with those kinds of KOs, and they really don't tell us much, imo.

Cains is so much more impressive imo.

Yes JDS finished him but anyone not taking into account Cain was hurt, 10 pounds heavier and clearly wasnt the same/couldnt move the same and he got clipped.

Second fight he dominated from bell to bell, thats more impressive than clipping a hobbled fighter behind the ear.

Its not like he just controlled him for 25 minutes to get a dec, he dominated him in every aspect of the fight and beat him up for 25 min, thats way more impressive to me.

I think that overhand right that JDS got hit with in the first pretty much ended the fight. Pretty much a wash imo

I see a lot of people saying "first fight was a lucky punch" without actually saying "first fight was a lucky punch"...... Phone Post

I think JDS took him too lightly and thought it wouldnt be a difficult fight.  We'll have a clearer picture in the third fight who's better.

Cherrycola - 

Not a debate worth starting. Both wins were fantastic to watch. Besides a lot of people are getting voted down for expressing any happiness for Cain.