Does Dana even like MMA?

Another thing from the Rome interview, when he was hyping up the Machida/Shogun fight he said all excited 'You wont see any jiu jitsu or wrestling from these guys'

Wow Dana, now I'm pumped, us MMA fans hate that stuff!

He likes money.

no, he hates MMA .. you just uncovered the mystery

liquidrob - Another thing from the Rome interview, when he was hyping up the Machida/Shogun fight he said all excited 'You wont see any jiu jitsu or wrestling from these guys'

Wow Dana, now I'm pumped, us MMA fans hate that stuff!

that or he knows how to market a fight to people who are not already gonna buy a ppv card.
You dont need to sell a Machida/shogun fight to current MMA fans dumbass.

just bleed! stand and bang! all day, all day!

BOOM! you gunna get knocked out!

he's a boxing guy right?

well, considering how little he actually knows about it I'd say he probably doesnt

He likes fights that make his champions more popular. I believe he realizes that casual MMA fans and newbies to the sport don't understand how technical ground fighting and wrestling can be. He wants fights that will appeal to Joe Shmo, his girlfriend, and Johnny Blackbelt.

To answer your question though, his love for MMA comes a distant second to his love for $$$. If that statement were not true then he'd heed his own advice and allow all the best fighters to fight each other. It's ridiculous that guys like Aoki, Mousasi and Fedor can be called our for dodging top competition when its clear that Dana's contractual obligations make it more difficult for them to fight in superfights throughout the MMA arena.

I think Dana currently is an awesome president for the UFC, but I also think he is a habitual liar and an ego maniac that will eventually do more harm than good for himself via his antics. I also believe that his glass house will shatter if he continues to put non title, and furthermore, non-contender fights as headliners to cards that we all pay $50 for.

Won't see any jiu jitsu? Really?

He's obviously just trying to expand the sport into new markets. He's finally got a Karate cash cow to market to the TMA crowd. The TMA crowd is of course ginormous.

OneScoup - Won't see any jiu jitsu? Really?

He's obviously just trying to expand the sport into new markets. quote]

I've noticed his anti-graplling promos also, but I'm sure it's just business.

I see your point, but he does alot of promos/interviews. I know he appreciates the ground game.

he likes money. he will do anything to hold onto what he has and almost anything to get more. not an uncommon affliction-MM

I will be pissed if I have to see any of that BS jiu jitsu and wrestling stuff tonight

I want and was promised a stand up war, I'm talking griffin/bonnar 1 action, I want it!

and I better not see a PBF type of dance off, I'm talking punch for punch, chin for chin type of shit, please dont let me feel like one of those idiots who bought Mayweather/Marquez

Dana is secretly plotting to overtake the mma world with his alien brand of hybrid cursefighting ..dont be fooled by his suttle features.....uh oh,nurse Helga is looking for me again...NOT THE BROWN PILL!!

The allure of a stand up war may lure the new fan in...and then they can be educated on the beauty of grappling.