Does everybody feel that soul crushing pain

working a 9-5 job?

I have an overwhelming urge to quit my full time job, work a part time job, train jiu jitsu, learn wood working, and spend the rest of my time doing stuff I enjoy.

It seems like we get stuck in the rat race trying to buy shit we don't need.

Most of us are stuck in the rat race. But for me it has nothing to do with chasing material things (except for money), and just so i can have enough money to do exactly what you're talking about.

Carlos_Kent - working a 9-5 job?

I have an overwhelming urge to quit my full time job, work a part time job, train jiu jitsu, learn wood working, and spend the rest of my time doing stuff I enjoy.

Start up a Fight Club, but don't talk about it though....

Work to live and not live to work.

Disco Dracula - 

lol

Bukowski letter on the soul-crushing 9-5. Really great stuff:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2012/10/people-simply-empty-out.html

Straydog24 - Work to live and not live to work.

I do the opposite. I have no life outside of work. I have that "do it while the baby is young" mentality. I'm starting to realize that he will be old one day and I'll say when the Fuck did this happen. Living in NYC really sucks 

Straydog24 - Work to live and not live to work.

At the end of the day you're still spending 40 hours a week doing something that you don't enjoy.

My grandfather said to me once "You don't have to love your job but you shouldn't hate it."

Edit, i had it wrong. My dad added the last part. I think my grandfather just said, it's work, who says you have to love it or even like it.

In

Disco Dracula -

This!!

I have the very definition of 9-5 office job, cubicle and all.

I love it. Not kidding.

In for crushed soul stories

If be very happy if I only had to work 9-5.

Carlos_Kent -
Straydog24 - Work to live and not live to work.

At the end of the day you're still spending 40 hours a week doing something that you don't enjoy.
I enjoy my job and have the ability to work unlimited overtime. I will only work OT to pay for my time at the lake, family vacations and my kids sports.

There is definitely a balance but I try to err on the side of family.

What's stopping you from working part time? 40 hours a week is too much for me, I plan on going to 32 hours or less once I'm 40.

TzTinkle - What's stopping you from working part time? 40 hours a week is too much for me, I plan on going to 32 hours or less once I'm 40.
What line of work?

I fear that on my death bed I will be speaking to my son who's grown with a family of his own and he'll ask mewhat my greatest regret is. I'll look him straight in his glistening teary  blue-green eyes, realizing there's as much that I don't know about him as there is that I do and I'll whisper in a death rattle, "I should've spent more time wanking..." Then I'll die.

Why you will fail to have a great career.

https://youtu.be/iKHTawgyKWQ

Macallan12 - If be very happy if I only had to work 9-5.
Exactly.