Does God tell some people lies??

I'm trying to get a handle on the idea that someone can say God told them one thing, while another person (in another religion for example) says that God tells them something different.

If God talks to both Christians and Jews then why the hell do they have such basic differences like on Jesus? If the top Rhabbi and the Pope ask God a question such as "Is Jesus your son?" does God give each of them a different answer, do they hear a different answer, or are neither talking to God (schizophrenic)?

A friend of my brother, whose father is a minister, said that people hear things from God differently because man is imperfect. I don't understand because if there is a fact such as "Jesus is the son of God" why would someone misinterpret God's answer to a question about whether that is true or not? Does God not answer in yes and no? How does God answer? In long Chinese Proverbs that are hard to understand?

If someone that talks to God can give me some incite into this subject I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Dan

Oh boy. This is really personal but here's how it goes.

I talk to G-d. Sometimes G-d talks back simply "You have to do it". Sometimes He talks back in a "waiting for more info." fashion- "You must do what you feel is right." Sometimes He is silent "...." Sometimes He lets the world answer "..." (at the same time, a child runs to its mother and says "I love you mommy!"

MS

Why do you come here?

If God talks to both Christians and Jews then why the hell do they have such basic differences like on Jesus?Because rarely do people listen with an open mind and heart....they hear what they want to hear. Imagine how many times you've gotten angry because of what you thought you heard someone say to you. From my own experience, most people are too busy telling God what THEY want, how they want things to be different, etc. Only a few can be silent enough to truly listen. SCRAP

Scrapper, you are 110% correct!

SCRAPPER and StKolbe, are you telling me that all the Jews are wrong about Jesus or all the Christians are wrong about Jesus?

What if all the Prodistant Christians aren't hearing him correctly and are going to hell because they don't go to confessional?

Why can't God communicate effectively with man? If man can communicate with man effectively with yes and no questions, why would God not be able to? Does he do this purposely?

truewrestler, I'm not saying anything about the Jews/Jesus/Christians.

I simply thing what Scrapper posted is pretty relevant and insightful to peoples prayer/meditation.

ok, thanks

What he said is basically what my brother's friend said but I'm trying to look into this a little further

One day, everyone will know what the truth is. God isn't going to hold those who do not know the truth responsible for what they did not know.

I think what you mean is most intellectuals who you give credence to tend to agree with you that its the right answer. You don't know most intellectuals, nor have you read most of the intellectual material out there, neither have I. SO you cant really say what intellectuals outside of the ones who tell you what you want to hear say.

I don't know if there is a higher being. Regardless, I still find the fact that so many people talk to God and get different answers very strange. Are they really just talking with their sub-conscious, is God like that oracle in the Matrix that just tells people what they need to hear, or is there a communication breakdown between God and man?

both truewrestler

Our human minds are limited to experiencing God in very small small doses, they leave us with impressions that are valid, but far from whole explanations. I think its like my dog, trying to understand why I go to work. I can explain it to her, but all she cares about is that I come home to see her at the end of the day. SHe doesn't like it when I leave, nor does she understand why, no matter how I may try to explain it.
Thats part of the problem. The other problem is that we think we are much brighter than we are, we depend on our intellect to do everything for us, failing to realize that in fact there are limits and accepting that some things will just be beyond comprehension.

But God also deals with different people in different ways.

94% of all statistics are just made up

I consider an intellectual somebody who basically sits around and thinks. They obviously must be educated. People like Ayn Rand, Plato, Darwin, Bohr, Frankl, Lewis, etc. but thier beliefs vary extremely from one anothers...Id venture to say that every one of these people have had a different idea about God and if God exists or not, what kind of relationship they had to him, etc.

93% of which scientists? In which fields? Biology? Archeology? palentology?

93% of scientists in what country? Which schools did they come from? Who conducted the study? How many scientists were interviewed?

So what you really mean is that of the scientists who belong to the National Academy of Sciences and chose to respond to this survey, 93% dont believe, unless they are mathematicians, in which case its around 14.3 who do believe.

Yah...not exactly all scientists..hers what I found

Membership Statistics as of September 5, 2003:

Totals by Membership Type

Member (active) 1,904
Member (emeritus) 95
Foreign Associate 338
Total 2,337

I dunno about you, but my guess is that there are A LOT more than 2,337 scientists in this country alone, forget about even including the rest of the world. This study really doesnt prove much of anything

"One day, everyone will know what the truth is. God isn't going to hold those who do not know the truth responsible for what they did not know. "

I think you are 100% correct Joshua. But why doesn´t all Christian believe this?

FudoMyoo,

One day, they will =). Im not all christians so I can only answer for myself.

That was a very diplomatic answer from you, but ok..

;-)

EvilJediJ,

None of this suprises me. Though Id say they dont need to be in the church to believe in God. I wonder why you are so anti religious though. What harm has it done you?

Heres a scripture that shows exactly how I feel in regard to those people who tell me how intelligent people don't believe in God.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."
Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things -- and the things that are not -- to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord"

FudoMyoo

I think that most christians want to believe that God can be seen in his entire truth in the bible. I think that they expect because they have come to the point of putting faith in it that all others can. Also, christians are human and unfortuantely pride is a human trait. We can become very proud and haughty about what we believe. We can believe that those people who do not agree with us are simply fools who deserve what they get because of thier hard heart, forgetting the grace of God turned thier heart of stone into a heart flesh, and made them into what they once were not. one of the biggest things about organized religion that turned me off was that. It was almost as if christians were glad that "those people" were going to hell and "Gods people" were saved. There seemed to be an attitude that if they want to change they can come trhough our doors and follow our rules. These kinds of attitudes breed that behavior. I do my best, now being a believer to avoid this.

That was great answer full of wisdom imo. Once again thanks Joshua.