Does Leslie Smith know that she is Leslie Smith?

Serious question. Is this girl delusional? She claims that UFC didn't re-sign her because project spearhead is a real threat and that they want to silence her by not re-signing her.

Unreal. She must live in a bubble. Take Leslie Smith's 30k/30k and give it to Mackenzie Dern's fine ass. I dont care if Mackenzie cant even throw a punch.

Actually scratch that - please remove all female fighters and the men's 125lb division.

I'm just not following the logic that not re-signing her will somehow silence her, or have any impact on "project spearhead". Why does she have to be in the ufc, to work on a fighters union? It's not a UFC fighters union, it's an MMA fighters union. The UFC is obviously neither all, or even most of MMA.

The spearhood will fail,for obvious reasons.

Leslie has 62k to get on with her life after the UFC.

She got 60k and no extra damage from saturday.  She is in a good spot. 

If she were Honda or Cyborg ok,  but she is a lower end female fighter.  Zero impact to their bottom line. 

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

I'm just not following the logic that not re-signing her will somehow silence her, or have any impact on "project spearhead". Why does she have to be in the ufc, to work on a fighters union? It's not a UFC fighters union, it's an MMA fighters union. The UFC is obviously neither all, or even most of MMA.

The ufc is as much all MMA as iPads are all Tablets. 

Most people associate UFC and MMA as one thing like iPads and Tablets are one thing

FibonaciGilly -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

The ufc is as much all MMA as iPads are all Tablets. 

Most people associate UFC and MMA as one thing like iPads and Tablets are one thing

The ufc contracts like 600 of all the thousands and thousands of mma fighters globally. 

I don’t feel good about letting go a fighter on a 2 fight win streak that is making 30 and 30.

I think there have been points they could have gotten away with letting her go, and this shouldn’t be one of them

Isn't project spearhead specifically a UFC fighter union?

The whole goal is to get something like 30% of the roster to sign up and then they have to make a ruling on if the fighters are employees or independent contractors.

I admire her intentions, but their is no chance in hell a fighter union is going to happen.

Not one casual fan is even going to notice that she is gone. The only reason she was getting that much money per fight was because she took the Cyborg fight.

Was stunned when I just checked her record and saw her UFC record is over .500

She went from obscurity to fame with this Spearhead thing.

A fighters union won’t work unless ufc champions get on board, and they ain’t gonna be Sharig the wealth with fighters like Leslie smith, especially if she’s not even in the ufc

She asked for 100k flat for 2 fights.  She is lucky she got her win bonus. They could had paid her just show and put her on the shelf.

Mike_in_CA -

She asked for 100k flat for 2 fights.  She is lucky she got her win bonus. They could had paid her just show and put her on the shelf.

100k per fight to be exact for 2 fights so a total of $200k.

cyberc92 -
Mike_in_CA -

100k per fight to be exact for 2 fights so a total of $200k.

Yeah that's what I meant just lost in translation. 

Almost like.....If the story is true about Pettis asking for 1 mill to fight Kabib. He and his manager had to know it wasn't going to happen.... like a reverse Seinfeld unvitation if anyone is old enough to get that reference.

The UFC will argue (successfully) that Leslie is hard to work with.

As a contractor, that is more than enough to cease a relationship.

I’d fire her too, she’s a complainer, always looking for a lawsuit and likes to be a pain in the ass.

She won’t win any lawsuits here.

Bye Leslie. Thanks for exposing all the HUGE per diem injustices! LOL