Does low AEW rating prove CM Punk is a failure?

Tony Khan is replicating many of the failures that WCW went through and some that WWE has had.

-Huge roster with few stars

-Overpaying people who don’t put asses in seats

-An “invasion” angle

-AEW fucked up the ROH acquisition to the point that it could go the way of ECW. Should have waited until there was a platform for ROH.

-All the flippy shit and green wrestlers is fucking up the roster with injuries

3 Likes

Does aew do house shows?

Eh. The ROH purchase was clever, the soft relaunch was the drizzling shits. TK needs that tape library for his streaming pitch to DiscoveryWB.

3 Likes

They do an occasional Friday night show. That is when the “Live Rampage” events air. They also film “Dark” and “Elevation” at Universal in Orlando. Those are typically on a Saturday with 2 separate tapings for each.

If you are a top guy in AEW from a major airport market you could easily only be gone one night a week if you don’t want to work Indy shows.

I’ve enjoyed punks matches since he has been back, smart logical matches in a company full of Flippy shit an no selling so it’s a nice change of pace. He literally didn’t make a full week after winning the belt so I don’t know how the ratings are his fault being out with a injury atm. I know punk is a egotistical dick but I’m just calling it as I see it, plus I almost think of punk as a roh guy than as a WWE guy. Dude always seemed Indy, even in the fed.

3 Likes