Does Nate's MW rank change after this fight?

I say no.

Yeah he won fair but he couldn't do anything the entire fight until Palhares literally stopped fighting and stopped looking at his opponent. It was all Rousimar. I know Nate trained his ass off for this but the way it went down, it shouldn't be that valuable of a win to launch him over some of the other contenders. I need to see Nate get an impressive win before thinking about him getting close to a title shot.

Remember, just 1 fight ago he got destroyed by Sonnen.

Let's not act like getting a head-scratching win over another contender shoots him to the top again. It would be different if he was dominating or winning the fight before Rousimar quit fighting.

Far more reason for a rematch compared to many of the other rematches that have been made.

i dont know, i didnt watch the fight.

Byrd - i dont know, i didnt watch the fight.

lol.

Yeah TS. I absolutely agree. But UFC will promote it nonetheless and just use it to catapult him if he can keep it up.

Why would it? Wasn't he 4 behind Anderson, Sonnen and Shields? So maybe he'd moved up to 3? But that'd be because of Shields dropping to WW and vacating his MW ranking, rather than his win Phone Post

Yes. Nate won his last fight, Chael lost his. They should swap spots.

Pandanus - Yes. Nate won his last fight, Chael lost his. They should swap spots.

LOL

Chael gained more from his loss than Nate did in his win, no?

Yes Marquardt won, but Chael gave a more impressive performance in losing. Remember Shogun going from 4 to 2 after losing to Machida? Aside from that, Nate's last fight was a one sided loss to Sonnen. Phone Post

chael would still beat him up and silva would make nate look helpless again. palhares pretty much gave up after his heel hook attempt.

LMAO, dude finished his opponent in under 4 minutes in the first fucking round. You are all straight clown shoes. Royce Gracie wasn't impressive in the early UFC's by your logic.

Go on and walk it out - LMAO, dude finished his opponent in under 4 minutes in the first fucking round. You are all straight clown shoes. Royce Gracie wasn't impressive in the early UFC's by your logic.

so you would rank nate over sonnen after one fight?

Nate won't last long with Anderson it's foolish to rank him higher. He's number 4.

Anderson, Chael, Vitor, Nate, Okami there's the top 5 folks. Phone Post

Go on and walk it out, Marquardt's opponant was also ranked lower than him. Phone Post

Kirby, Vitor over Nate and Okami? Belfort's last fight was at Franklinweight, a year ago. His last MW win was over Lindland in Jan 09. Meanwhile, Marquardt and Okami have gone 3-1 and 2-1, respectivly. That deserves higher ranking than 0-0 at 195, shouldn't it? Phone Post

1-0 at 195 ^ Phone Post

This fight was more about Palhares' blunder than Nate's win. Nothing was really solved here, so they should just fight again.

Really? Then JDS should be the number one heavy or Overeem he's on a streak. Quality>Quantity. Vitor knocked out a former middleweight champion in Rich Franklin and demolished Matt Lindland who's been in there with Fedor. He deserves the number 3 slot. Phone Post

Kirby, it's about both. Belfort's last MW win was a year and a half ago, some sites drop a fighter after a year of inactivity. The win over Franklin was great, but it was at the wrong weightclass to count. Phone Post