does nsac bend rules for TUF?

after watching 2 guys that i dont think the ufc really wanted in there be forced to leave the show after suffering "fractured noses" it made me think about the other types of injuries these guys have...

if you read most nsac post-fight reports it seems like most of the guys after actual events have some type of suspension, even if they won...

is it really the case that when you throw 32 fighters in to fight that only 2 of the winners have medical suspensions? i would think that number, based on past nsac medical suspension reports for actual events, would be much higher...

the only legit thing I can think of is, after a normal fight, you would report your injuries so the UFC will cover the costs for it.  If you don't report it, the AC won't know about it and, for the guys on the show, I'm sure Dana still gets them medical attention w/out it being an "official" fight related injury.  Or something along those lines.

If that's not the case, then kazja's right about the whole thing and it's corrupt for Zuffa.  I do think (and I can't believe I'm saying this about anything he spit out) he may actually be right about how it shouldn't really be an "exhibition" fight.  Seems like it's full rules to me other than the 2 rounds-- which gets extended to three when it's a draw...

Aside from the corruption, I think it has more to do with the TUF bouts being scheduled for 2 rounds and being called an exhibition.

Or the fighters received medical treatment afte the fights and the doctors found evidence of the fractured bones.

The NSAC is smart to suspend them if they have post-fight injuries that could potentially get a lot worse with just one more punch. It's better to be safe than sorry, but it always sucks for those two fighters who have to be kicked off.

yeah,.,,.but think about how many winners have been medically suspended in the history of tuf...thats a lot of fights and very few suspensions...

compare that to the medical suspension reports released by the nsac after every event...there is a big disparity in terms of percentages of suspensions

What about "The Contender"? Same situation there. "Fight Chicks" too.

Everybody bitches about Zuffa.

whats you point? (kazja i mean goku).......... I understand what your trying to say but you have no REAL Numbers. You speculate that the fighters are injured and they are not, Also you make wild clames with nothing to back it  up.

TUF has put a few underdogs the chance to make it in the ufc. They are grone ass men that are trained athlete that are ready for this sport. Stop babing  them and just watch the show!

I think the rules are bent for the show. Definitely.

BigMike77 -  whats you point? (kazja i mean goku).......... I understand what your trying to say but you have no REAL Numbers. You speculate that the fighters are injured and they are not, Also you make wild clames with nothing to back it  up.

TUF has put a few underdogs the chance to make it in the ufc. They are grone ass men that are trained athlete that are ready for this sport. Stop babing  them and just watch the show!

real numbers? i have something called a brain and can analyze things without having statistics in front of me. if you want to bet 1000 that there is a significant difference in terms of percentages I will gladly do so

and i dont understand wtf you are talking about in your last paragraph. it has no relevance to this topic. go jackoff to fightsport magazine somewhere else my flaming friend

"is it really the case that when you throw 32 fighters in to fight that only 2 of the winners have medical suspensions? i would think that number, based on past nsac medical suspension reports for actual events, would be much higher"

don't forget that guys who lost and get suspended don't matter. Typically losers in fights take more damage than winners.

also most suspensions can be cleared early by a dr. and obviously these guys have daily access to any medical care they could need. it's quite possible that other guys are suspended, but get cleared in time to fight.

the fights are shorter and that certainly reduces injuries as well, as does the fact that these guys just are not that good. the numerous one sided affairs help as well, these guys rarely look as beat up after a fight as guys at a post-PPV presser

You're looking for a link that isn't there.

Since the fights are exhibitions they don't fall under the same rules. This should be pretty obvious to someone in the know.

But go ahead, keep trying to stir up shit and UFC hate.

clattymine - You're looking for a link that isn't there.

Since the fights are exhibitions they don't fall under the same rules. This should be pretty obvious to someone in the know.

But go ahead, keep trying to stir up shit and UFC hate.

really...yet the nsac is there at the weighins, to officiate the fights, have official refs and judges there?

since you are "so in the know" why dont you show me the NSAC regulation which expressly states that medical suspensions do not apply to exhibitions...I guess in your thought(less) process safety of fighters is somehow less relevant in an exhibition as opposed to an official fight

smac 2.0 - "is it really the case that when you throw 32 fighters in to fight that only 2 of the winners have medical suspensions? i would think that number, based on past nsac medical suspension reports for actual events, would be much higher"

don't forget that guys who lost and get suspended don't matter. Typically losers in fights take more damage than winners.

also most suspensions can be cleared early by a dr. and obviously these guys have daily access to any medical care they could need. it's quite possible that other guys are suspended, but get cleared in time to fight.

the fights are shorter and that certainly reduces injuries as well, as does the fact that these guys just are not that good. the numerous one sided affairs help as well, these guys rarely look as beat up after a fight as guys at a post-PPV presser

i realize the guys that lose do not matter and I clearly qualified my first post with that recognition in mind...go dig around at past ufc medical reports and you will see that many winners also get medically suspended

"i realize the guys that lose do not matter and I clearly qualified my first post with that recognition in mind...go dig around at past ufc medical reports and you will see that many winners also get medically suspended"

agreed, and i've addressed many likely reasons why.

In my case because the knee to the head ended the fight the athletic commision decided I HAD to go to the hospital and get a CT scan.  I didn't think there was anything wrong with my nose since it never even bled and I could breathe through it just fine.  The doctor that saw me said he had no problem with me fighting, but that he didn't have the final say since another doctor works with the athletic commission.

In Carn's case, HE ASKED to go to the hospital and the attending doctor's gave him a CT scan.  A decision he would later regret. 

Everyone other than the athletic commision wanted me in the house.  I can't believe that they put me on ice for SIX MONTHS for a hairline fracture.  I've seen guys get so brutally KO'd I thought they were dead and they only had 2 month suspensions.

ttt

goku, here are the rules, now read them, shut up, and sit down.

NAC 467.472 Time required to elapse before unarmed combatant competes in successive contest or exhibition. (NRS 467.030)

1. With respect to contests or exhibitions of boxing or kickboxing, without the special permission of the Commission, an unarmed combatant may not compete in this State unless:

(a) Four days have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition if the contest or exhibition lasted not more than 4 rounds.

(b) Seven days have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition if the contest or exhibition lasted 5 or 6 rounds.

(c) Fourteen days have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition if the contest or exhibition lasted 7 or 8 rounds.

(d) Twenty-one days have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition if the contest or exhibition lasted 9 or 10 rounds.

(e) Thirty days have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition if the contest or exhibition lasted 11 or 12 rounds.

2. With respect to contests or exhibitions of mixed martial arts, without the special permission of the Commission, an unarmed combatant may not compete in this State unless 4 days for each round that his last contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts lasted have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts.

(Added to NAC by Athletic Comm’n, eff. 11-2-88; A 12-2-97; R076-03, 12-3-2003)

clattymine - goku, here are the rules, now read them, shut up, and sit down.

NAC 467.472 Time required to elapse before unarmed combatant competes in successive contest or exhibition. (NRS 467.030)

1. With respect to contests or exhibitions of boxing or kickboxing, without the special permission of the Commission, an unarmed combatant may not compete in this State unless:

(a) Four days have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition if the contest or exhibition lasted not more than 4 rounds.

(b) Seven days have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition if the contest or exhibition lasted 5 or 6 rounds.

(c) Fourteen days have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition if the contest or exhibition lasted 7 or 8 rounds.

(d) Twenty-one days have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition if the contest or exhibition lasted 9 or 10 rounds.

(e) Thirty days have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition if the contest or exhibition lasted 11 or 12 rounds.

2. With respect to contests or exhibitions of mixed martial arts, without the special permission of the Commission, an unarmed combatant may not compete in this State unless 4 days for each round that his last contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts lasted have elapsed since his last contest or exhibition of mixed martial arts.

(Added to NAC by Athletic Comm’n, eff. 11-2-88; A 12-2-97; R076-03, 12-3-2003)

lol...why dont you read it tard. that section of the regs has no bearing on this issue at all dumbshit. in fact, it implies that you are wrong because it makes no distinction between exhibitions and contest. fucking tool.

actually, now that you bring it up, i am thinking you just proved my case. Sec 2 appears to say that if an exhibition fight went 2 rounds, the fighter cannot fight until 8 days elapse and if the fight went 3 rounds, the fighter cannot fight until 12 days have elapsed...i don't think TUF has followed these guidelines...that is, unless you get "special permission from the commission" (READ: $$$)