Does prime Nick Diaz beat prime Dustin Poirier?

Does Nick wear down Dustin with the relentless punches and sink in a choke in the later rounds or does Dustin utilize leg kicks and wrestling to create a boring fight and win on the cards?

Prime Nick is the better boxer, much better BJJ, muuuuch better athlete, and more durable. Better chin and everything

Nick would wash him 10/10 times

HLCGSRO

9TZEsST

6FDaeGp

8 Likes

1 Like

Nick overwhelms him with volume before tapping him out. Nick is too big, too precise, and his endurance is too much for Dustin.

3 Likes

different weight classes

5 Likes

Dustin is a former FW. Nick has fought at MW before lol

Dustin ain’t going 5 rounds with Anderson Silva

nick-diaz-anderson-silva

Nick did fight at LW though before

diazvsgomi

1 Like

and Nick is 2 weight classes above Dustin and the fight will never happen.Nick had 1 lightweight fight

1 Like

Nick is a better endurance athlete, but overall, neither guy is particularly athletic.

2 Likes

Prime Nick Diaz, the one that dismantled Frank Shamrock and Gomi, was capable of beating the devil himself on any given night.

6 Likes

Nick Diaz beats him right now if they fought

3 Likes

Tough not to favour Nick here

1 Like

The weight difference is not that big

Nick is a medium ww, probably walks around 185.

Dustin is a big lw, probably walks around 180.

Nick would beat him because he’s better at everything. Boxing exchanges would be fun to watch though, KJ Noons did well with Nick, so Dustin might have a sliver of hope there

I really like Poirier but he’s not beating prime Nick Diaz. Nick is bigger, has a granite chin, and cardio for days. They’re probably pretty even on boxing skills but once it goes pass the 2nd round the fatigue starts to set in with Poirier while Diaz starts to ramp up.

1 Like

Great fight. 49-46 Nick

2 Likes

Colby said Dustin walks around at 186 which is more than Colby himself

1 Like

Dustin just doesn’t look that big nor that drawn out during weigh-ins. I can believe 175, but not more than that. I can see prime Nick weighing around the 195-200 mark.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not saying KJ won or anything, but the scorecards don’t tell the story of that fight. Nick clearly won to me, but it was a very competitive fight and KJ had his moments.

My big takeaway was that KJ was underrated

KJ did also beat him in the first fight. Spawning the creation of “don’t be scared homie”

He probably starts his water cut at 175, but his natural weight not at the end of fight camp is most likely around 185.

I think both of them in shape, not right at the end of camp, Diaz is probably 85-90 and Dustin 80-85.

Prime Nick was just too durable, his pace and volume would eventually break Dustin.

2 Likes

nick s way heavier than 185

1 Like