Does Star Wars have a future?

Besides the novels and cartoons, does SW have a future? I feel like as long as Lucas is around, nothing good will come. I also never thought I'd see the day where Star Trek was cooler than Star Wars, but after the last movie...that's exactly what happened. All it took was one great, modern movie to save a franchise. While SW is still running off success from 30 years ago.

Your thoughts?

in a few years george lucas will have a heart attack and then somebody who isn't a hack will remake the prequel trilogy and all will be good in the world.

An eventual remake is inevitable, it's Hollywood. Everything gets remade at some point. Hopefully it will be someone good that will improve it.

Once someone else owns the franchise, it could be great. With Lucas at the helm, it's dead

I think it would be willed to someone. But that someone will want to make money and a studio will convince them to sign for a remake or just sell the rights altogether.

BigWilliam - I think it would be willed to someone. But that someone will want to make money and a studio will convince them to sign for a remake or just sell the rights altogether.

No way. Has to make enough money from royalties to not be worth selling. Maybe renting rights temporarily for a remake or sequel will be worth it but not fully trading the rights away.

I started reading the novels in chronological older and the Old Republic is full of so many badass stories. A Darth Bane movie would be tits.

SWTOR will deliver much cash to Uncle George.

Gaming is a fucking cash cow

Darth Ryase - I feel like as long as Lucas is around, nothing good will come. 

Sad but true.

Think of how many kids grew up on Star Wars. Chances are at least one is brilliant and could write the best Star Wars stories ever.

TTT for the future of SW

Little kids are loving and getting their parents to spend millions on Star Wars crap now, and they will repeat the cycle when they have kids.

The franchise brings in hundreds of millions in revenue every year, with a life time gross over something like 20 billion plus.

Lucas wins.

Sadyv - Little kids are loving and getting their parents to spend millions on Star Wars crap now, and they will repeat the cycle when they have kids.

The franchise brings in hundreds of millions in revenue every year, with a life time gross over something like 20 billion plus.

Lucas wins.

What's so popular? Is it the cartoons?

The Clone Wars cartoons I catch every once in awhile. It's cool.