Does the African American community...

Sultry Crockett -
Surgeon308 - 
Sultry Crockett - You want an objective discussion, yet you're referring to "liberal extremism" as though it is some sort of academic euphemism?

You're not qualified to speak on behalf of white or black communities you dumb shit. And generally speaking, there are not problems between races, except for racists. Racists are independent of their respective race, because they're fucking idiots and use terms like "liberal extremism" and "youths" and "the left" to bullshit their way through racist arguments that target another race.

Objective academic discussion doesn't begin with YouTube video bloggers, it typically begins with a focus on a particular piece of research, or a well written paper by a noted Ph.D. There is so much research already dedicated to race relations in the U.S. Why don't you pull an academic article with some objective information and real data behind it?
He mad Phone Post 3.0

Nope, I'm just not white trash. I don't support white trash arguments, nor speak Ebonics like your dumb ass.
Show respect for your superiors, son. Phone Post 3.0

foggybottom -
Sultry Crockett - You want an objective discussion, yet you're referring to "liberal extremism" as though it is some sort of academic euphemism?

You're not qualified to speak on behalf of white or black communities you dumb shit. And generally speaking, there are not problems between races, except for racists. Racists are independent of their respective race, because they're fucking idiots and use terms like "liberal extremism" and "youths" and "the left" to bullshit their way through racist arguments that target another race.

Objective academic discussion doesn't begin with YouTube video bloggers, it typically begins with a focus on a particular piece of research, or a well written paper by a noted Ph.D. There is so much research already dedicated to race relations in the U.S. Why don't you pull an academic article with some objective information and real data behind it?

This/vote up/end thread/etc.

Care to elaborate? Salty Cockbutt declined to explain his position on any of this. Do you not think the O'Malley debacle was a serious misstep for liberals? Do you not think that there is a better course of action for Afro-Americans to take in achieving their goals? Surely you don't think that their current leaders (Sharpton, Jackson) stack up to leaders they've had in the past?

Problems in the black community have skyrocketed since the 1960s, you guys don't think this is an issue??? Painting themselves as the perpetual victim and doing seemingly nothing to address black on black crime doesn't seem to be beneficial in the slightest.

Implying I am a racist for asking these things is EXTREMELY frustrating, there are maybe two or three guys on this website that call the racist posters out on their bullshit. The guy who comes out with ad hominem attacks and absurd logic is who you're throwing in with, lol? Phone Post 3.0

How can you think 'sharpton, jackson' are the 'leaders' how could two men lead millions of people. Anytime a person outside of the 'community' even attempts to begin a debate or a question and they lead with why 'aren't the leaders doing anything' angle, you lose most chance at a rational conversation. The 'black community' doesn't have a 'leader' so to speak. I'm a 40 year old business owner in the Bay Area. Could one guy speak for me, speak for a college student in Texas, a church deacon Michigan, a conservative in Louisiana, a school teacher in Los Angeles, etc.
There isn't a realistic way to have a discussion about the 'black community' unless we qualify it and use the ghetto as the default black community to be discussed. The combination of apathy, agenda based politicians, lack of resources, jobs, devaluation of education, generational poverty, and several other factors have created an environment where it seems pretty much hopeless to have wholesale reform. Pretty much every kid that comes out of there that succeeds really is a 'rose that grows from concrete' Phone Post 3.0

Leftists need to carefully control every aspect of the debate, including obviously the meaning of every word in the dictionary, to spin their nonsense, otherwise they're up Schitt's creek without a paddle.

Size - Leftists need to carefully control every aspect of the debate, including obviously the meaning of every word in the dictionary, to spin their nonsense, otherwise they're up Schitt's creek without a paddle.
Yea I know like the way they keep redefining marriage. Wait that was the conservatives oh wait the liberals changed it later on. Oh wait... You get we're I'm going with this.

Any and I mean anyone that puts blame on a single belief or party affiliation is stupid. Phone Post 3.0

Ok, great. So Sharpton and Jackson are no longer relevant. I wish you guys were as interested in sharing your information as you are dismissing my inquiries. I wholeheartedly admit to being an outsider and thus ignorant of certain things. That's why I sought the discussion. See, I believe in asking questions when I lack knowledge on a subject. I would rather learn new things and constantly adjust my position on matters when necessary, instead of believing that I'm right wherever I go and whatever the subject matter happens to be.

Enlighten me. Phone Post 3.0

As far as the o'malley thing. It just shows the disconnect between the races. And social media inflames it.
I asked the question recently on here as to why does the black lives matter, thing get some of you guys so incensed? The responses I got where so harsh and antagonistic that I didn't bother to reply anymore.
As a black guy, I get the fact that it's in response to the perception that some have that law enforcement is heavy handed in their treatment of blacks. I also realize that there are a myriad of other problems as well facing black men. They need to be addressed as well. I also understand that on the grand scheme of things this is a minor issue. However if a person wants to rally around that, oh well, at least they are getting involved and hopefully become interested in addressing everything.
I also never got the impression that it was #blacklivesmatter so fuck everyone else life. Or that's the only issue and no other issues concern the community. Phone Post 3.0

foggybottom - Their current leaders are Sharpton and Jackson? Your framing of the discussion is not worth our participation - truly. /end thread is the best next step here.
Good, then see yourself out. You clearly don't have anything of note to add to the discussion. Phone Post 3.0

There's nothing really "conservative" about the Republican party, just look how they're attacking Trump for his conservative views on immigration. The Democrats and Republicans are both liberal/leftist parties socially and fiscally in every way that matters, they just differ in their relative extremism.

You try to trivialize things by saying "belief", but one can certainly put blame on a single ideology for the decay of the Western world while remaining smart.

pharochuck - How can you think 'sharpton, jackson' are the 'leaders' how could two men lead millions of people. Anytime a person outside of the 'community' even attempts to begin a debate or a question and they lead with why 'aren't the leaders doing anything' angle, you lose most chance at a rational conversation. The 'black community' doesn't have a 'leader' so to speak. I'm a 40 year old business owner in the Bay Area. Could one guy speak for me, speak for a college student in Texas, a church deacon Michigan, a conservative in Louisiana, a school teacher in Los Angeles, etc.
There isn't a realistic way to have a discussion about the 'black community' unless we qualify it and use the ghetto as the default black community to be discussed. The combination of apathy, agenda based politicians, lack of resources, jobs, devaluation of education, generational poverty, and several other factors have created an environment where it seems pretty much hopeless to have wholesale reform. Pretty much every kid that comes out of there that succeeds really is a 'rose that grows from concrete' Phone Post 3.0
I absolutely understand what you're saying here, chuck. Since I moved from Denver a few years back to a tiny town in Montana, I am extremely removed from anything I don't see on TV/ the internet. Being socially liberal, I tend to pay more attention to the contentious goings on that get discussed more often on this site and others like it. I don't understand things like people getting upset over "all lives matter", inciting others to riot, etc. I don't understand why white on black crime gets so much more attention than the opposite, or black on black crime.

Again, I wasn't looking for a debate. I was looking for a discussion so I could figure some of these things out, only to be met with hostility from people I often agree with. I absolutely abhor the two-party system, everyone is so focused on their arbitrary labels that anyone who isn't toeing the line 100% is perceived as an enemy. Shit's ridiculous. Phone Post 3.0

I'd been awake for 30 hours and saw a youtube video, lol. I wasn't making any assertions whatsoever. Like I said I tend to be exposed to more negativity because, well... the internet. I certainly wouldn't have stumbled across that list of papers at 3am, but that's why I created a thread. Phone Post 3.0

Where did you get that list, foggy? Phone Post 3.0

Lol at that nonsense. "My counterpoint is these 20 books, refute that!"

Size - Lol at that nonsense. "My counterpoint is these 20 books, refute that!"
Yeah, not trying to antagonize him here but that's kind of crazy. I'm also curious as to where he got that list because it seems like he just copied and pasted everything under 'references' on a wiki article about race relations. Phone Post 3.0

foggybottom -
Cutty McButts - Where did you get that list, foggy? Phone Post 3.0

Google
Can you be more specific? What would I need to Google to bring that list up? Thanks, man. Phone Post 3.0

They need more guys like this... Phone Post 3.0

foggybottom -
Size - Lol at that nonsense. "My counterpoint is these 20 books, refute that!"

It's not the kind of counterpoint you might think.

A guy posted a video of some old dude, smoking cigars, wearing sunglasses in his basement and talking shit.

He suggested this was a serious thread, implied that said dude may be perfect to "speak on behalf" of the African American community.

OP gets called out for being an idiot. I specifically mention that he has framed the discussion in such a way that should dissuade anyone from participating - unless a person likes mindless discussion and has a lot of free time.

OP is humbled and admits that he - here comes a few quotes - "...likes to ask questions when he lacks knowledge...", and would rather "...learn new things" and "adjust his position when necessary". OP then, quite like a cunt, prompts us to "enlighten him".

I found reading lists that a serious student of race might tackle to gain a nuanced perspective, and graciously posted them here to save a person the trouble of performing a web search.
Yeah, I'm clearly the cunt here. Sorry, but googling "racial stuffs" and posting every book you see under the references and passing it off as if you're some learned scholar on the subject is pretty laughable. Since you can't help but be antagonistic, maybe you should stick to your original plan and get to steppin'. Phone Post 3.0

foggybottom -
Cutty McButts - 
foggybottom -
Cutty McButts - Where did you get that list, foggy? Phone Post 3.0

Google
Can you be more specific? What would I need to Google to bring that list up? Thanks, man. Phone Post 3.0

Using a few search operators:

Race studies reading list -stormfront -mma -conspiracy -propaganda -coontown site:.edu
Oh, you. Do you realize you're just as bad as the far right lunatic who goes berserk on anyone who asks questions he doesn't like? You're a mirror image of the people you hate, lol. Phone Post 3.0

pharochuck - As far as the o'malley thing. It just shows the disconnect between the races. And social media inflames it.
I asked the question recently on here as to why does the black lives matter, thing get some of you guys so incensed? The responses I got where so harsh and antagonistic that I didn't bother to reply anymore.
As a black guy, I get the fact that it's in response to the perception that some have that law enforcement is heavy handed in their treatment of blacks. I also realize that there are a myriad of other problems as well facing black men. They need to be addressed as well. I also understand that on the grand scheme of things this is a minor issue. However if a person wants to rally around that, oh well, at least they are getting involved and hopefully become interested in addressing everything.
I also never got the impression that it was #blacklivesmatter so fuck everyone else life. Or that's the only issue and no other issues concern the community. Phone Post 3.0
VU. I honestly feel like I'm walking on eggshells with the uber liberal guys, but I genuinely am curious about how the issues can be addressed (as far as the family structure and crime, etc). I think a lot of this stuff tends to polarize people that normally don't feel as strongly about social issues. Do you feel like if a person isn't black they shouldn't think about how to approach these things? You haven't made it seem that way, fwiw. Phone Post 3.0

foggybottom -
Cutty McButts - 
foggybottom -
Size - Lol at that nonsense. "My counterpoint is these 20 books, refute that!"

It's not the kind of counterpoint you might think.

A guy posted a video of some old dude, smoking cigars, wearing sunglasses in his basement and talking shit.

He suggested this was a serious thread, implied that said dude may be perfect to "speak on behalf" of the African American community.

OP gets called out for being an idiot. I specifically mention that he has framed the discussion in such a way that should dissuade anyone from participating - unless a person likes mindless discussion and has a lot of free time.

OP is humbled and admits that he - here comes a few quotes - "...likes to ask questions when he lacks knowledge...", and would rather "...learn new things" and "adjust his position when necessary". OP then, quite like a cunt, prompts us to "enlighten him".

I found reading lists that a serious student of race might tackle to gain a nuanced perspective, and graciously posted them here to save a person the trouble of performing a web search.
Yeah, I'm clearly the cunt here. Sorry, but googling "racial stuffs" and posting every book you see under the references and passing it off as if you're some learned scholar on the subject is pretty laughable. Since you can't help but be antagonistic, maybe you should stick to your original plan and get to steppin'. Phone Post 3.0

If you told me you wanted to be an electrician. I would advise you to grab a few books, and get in contact with a journeyman to learn the ropes.

If you told me you wanted to be a software engineer. I would advise you to enroll at university, take related courses, do a whole lot of reading, and program your ass off.

If you told me you wanted to learn new things, and potentially adjust your position regarding race, race in America, or race as it relates to media & politics - I would point you towards an academic reading list of relevant subject material. I promise you, that there are many thousands of people that have put in many millions of hours thinking very, very hard about these things. They then do us a great service by taking a bit of that knowledge gained, through very hard labor and much critical thought, and sharing it in the form of written words, lectures, etc. Certain privileged, or at least highly motivated people sit around in real-life discussion forums talking about this shit every day!

I'm not fond of the notion of "just do it" or "just do something" or "actions speak louder than...". Sometimes - the best idea is to not act, but to sit back and gather information before taking action. Likewise, sometimes the best action in these threads is not to "prove something", or "argue", but to take a shot at the very structure of the topic, or to dismiss certain topics entirely.
While I agree that I'm never going to be making policy decisions that affect the subject at hand, I don't think discussion is entirely a waste of time. I could have watched that video, assumed everything was correct and made a thread with a much different tone. Admitting my ignorance on the matter (with zero sarcasm) and asking for clarification only got further disdain out of you.

I get the feeling you think I'm being facetious and feigning things a bit here, which isn't the case. We're so far off topic here that I suppose I can just give up on this, I'll make sure to avoid discussing anything here until I've got my doctorate in whatever field the subject requires. Phone Post 3.0