Does the rest of the world ever use the US system?

The measuring system. Like feet and inches and pounds and what not?

And Btw, I'm also always confused when talking about quarts, and pints and other volume descriptions... Anyone else encounter this problem? Like what if someone asked you how much is a quart of beer? Would you know how to answer off-hand? Phone Post 3.0

No. We are the only idiots that use such a retarded illogical system. Phone Post 3.0

Liberia and Burma also use it.

It is a good club to be in. Phone Post 3.0

Weren't the US first to move to dollars and cents as well? Seems odd to not follow that with other measurements.

I believe Canada uses Lbs for weight and the U.K. Uses Mph for speed. Phone Post 3.0

The Adversary - I believe Canada uses Lbs for weight and the U.K. Uses Mph for speed. Phone Post 3.0

Canada only uses the Imperial system to ease the old transition to metric. I was taught both being born in 75.

And, we don't use American as in, a gallon to us is 4.54 L where a US gallon in 3.78 roughly.

The Adversary - I believe Canada uses Lbs for weight and the U.K. Uses Mph for speed. Phone Post 3.0
We use metric system for weight. Phone Post 3.0

molsonman - 
The Adversary - I believe Canada uses Lbs for weight and the U.K. Uses Mph for speed. Phone Post 3.0
We use metric system for weight. Phone Post 3.0

I agree 100% Molson, but if me and you were drinking a beer and either asked the other what they weighed, both of us would say it in lbs. 

I'd rather do physics in metric but speak in imperial. 

Any tape measure I see with imperial on one side and metric on the other gets thrown out.

In UK. We use mph but most cars have km/ph too. Don't know anyone that uses that though.

We also use lbs for MMA and boxing. I think it serves a better purpose than kilo's. Phone Post 3.0

Hospitals are starting to work towards metric units. I see us going metric in my lifetime. Phone Post 3.0

Harlem Savoy - Hospitals are starting to work towards metric units. I see us going metric in my lifetime. Phone Post 3.0

So xxx cc's of cum was US and not metric ?

All first world countries use the Lbs and inches system as a secondary measurement system only because so much culture comes from America.

An NBA players height is generally quoted in feet and inches .... a UFC fighters weight will be in pounds. ....etc
These don't make any more sense but it's easier than constantly converting to metric. Phone Post 3.0

FingerorMoon - All first world countries use the Lbs and inches system as a secondary measurement system only because so much culture comes from America.

An NBA players height is generally quoted in feet and inches .... a UFC fighters weight will be in pounds. ....etc
These don't make any more sense but it's easier than constantly converting to metric. Phone Post 3.0
"only because so much culture comes from America"

Are you for real?... You think that's why countries still use the imperial system? Because of all the culture from America?! Phone Post 3.0

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
FingerorMoon - All first world countries use the Lbs and inches system as a secondary measurement system only because so much culture comes from America.

Are you for real?... You think that's why countries still use the imperial system? Because of all the culture from America?! Phone Post 3.0
I need to hear more on this.

What are the rational and/or scientific reasons for countries outside the US and already on the metric system to use the older system at times instead of the one they use nationally?

The examples I gave are sport/entertainment based obviously .... I don't know any where the system is still used for logical reasons? Phone Post 3.0

"The US system"

I swear, American revisionist history is absolutely hilarious. You do realise that you just adopted Britain's Imperial System, right?

It's nearly as funny as when I hear people say 'do you speak American'. Phone Post 3.0

FingerorMoon -

What are the rational and/or scientific reasons for countries outside the US and already on the metric system to use the older system at times instead of the one they use nationally?

The examples I gave are sport/entertainment based obviously .... I don't know any where the system is still used for logical reasons? Phone Post 3.0
First off, America only uses it because it was colonised in large by the British Empire...

And as were most countries that still use the IMPERIAL system, not because everyone loves 'Murica Phone Post 3.0

FingerorMoon -

First off, America only uses it because it was colonised in large by the British Empire...

And as were most countries that still use the IMPERIAL system, not because everyone loves 'Murica Phone Post 3.0
Yes of course I realize it originally came from Britain.
So for countries that have long since switched to metric, why do they still maintain some usage of the older system in specific instances despite the newer metric system working fine? (Which yes, is nicknamed the US way due to it being the primary and most important user now) Phone Post 3.0

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - "The US system"

I swear, American revisionist history is absolutely hilarious. You do realise that you just adopted Britain's Imperial System, right?

It's nearly as funny as when I hear people say 'do you speak American'. Phone Post 3.0
That's because Limeys don't matter anymore and haven't since they gave up their ass to Germany and had to ask for help...twice. You're our obnoxiously proper white Puerto Rico at this point who suffers from Al Bundy syndrome of constantly talking about when you used to be cool back in high school. From your faggy EDM to you're effeminate dress and mannerisms to your blatant surrender of your Capitol to Islam, to this faggy snakebite drink with black current on you're beer that you homos are talking about on another thread, you're not the same people who conquered the planet. So STFU about you're gay ass "we did it first" bullshit. You apparently knew catch wrestling first and yet are a country with no grapple skills wtf ? Instead of always going for the arrogant "we did it first" bit, you wankers should be thanking us for carrying on your last names with dignity since yours are all going to change to some Al-Londonistan type shit. Phone Post 3.0

JJitsu -

That's because Limeys don't matter anymore and haven't since they gave up their ass to Germany and had to ask for help...twice. You're our obnoxiously proper white Puerto Rico at this point who suffers from Al Bundy syndrome of constantly talking about when you used to be cool back in high school. From your faggy EDM to you're effeminate dress and mannerisms to your blatant surrender of your Capitol to Islam, to this faggy snakebite drink with black current on you're beer that you homos are talking about on another thread, you're not the same people who conquered the planet. So STFU about you're gay ass "we did it first" bullshit. You apparently knew catch wrestling first and yet are a country with no grapple skills wtf ? Instead of always going for the arrogant "we did it first" bit, you wankers should be thanking us for carrying on your last names with dignity since yours are all going to change to some Al-Londonistan type shit. Phone Post 3.0
Wow! What a refreshing read to start my day!!

VTFU to you sir! Phone Post 3.0

JJitsu - 

salutes flag and hums anthem