Does the taller fighter often win in MMA?

We've always heard being taller and longer is an advantage but I'd be curious to know if the taller fighter overwhelmingly wins the fights at the top tier.

I’m not going to but it would be interesting to see in 2017 UFC fights even main card who took more fights the taller or shorter man. Has anyone ever taken note?

It’s not as decisive a factor as say having the superior wrestling but it certainly helps your chances.

Jessamyn Duke skews your results right off the bat

And Mighty Mouse skews them in the other direction lol might need to cancel a few outliers

It's not you fault you're short, Izzyxtwo. Don't worry.

No

Look at Cain, Fedor, Edgar

Ask Struve.

ieswideopen - Ask Struve.

His fight v Hunt is the first thing that came to mind

Height=leverage so its definately an advantage. It usually means a longer reach also an advantage. On the ground long guys have a big advantage, on the bottom there legs can be used to set up triangles and sweeps. To me the downside the taller guys weight cuts seem to leave them more prone to getting ko'd. 

It’s an advantage if you know how to use them properly.

SexiestManAlive - No

Look at Cain, Fedor, Edgar

How about Anderson Silva? Jon Jones? Those two guys use their height as well as anyone.

jpm995 -

Height=leverage so its definately an advantage. It usually means a longer reach also an advantage. On the ground long guys have a big advantage, on the bottom there legs can be used to set up triangles and sweeps. To me the downside the taller guys weight cuts seem to leave them more prone to getting ko'd. 

I like KO’ing taller guys.  It’s all about them visuals.  Hoe’s love watching me drop a beanpole.  

Tito Ortiz used his size to dominate a division before weight cutting became common.

It’s an advantage. Anyone who says otherwise has never competed against a roller opponent in anything. Obviously there are people who know how to use length and don’t. And also there are shorter people who know how to get past that length. It is a huge advantage on most things

VladimirPoopin -

It’s an advantage. Anyone who says otherwise has never competed against a roller opponent in anything. Obviously there are people who know how to use length and don’t. And also there are shorter people who know how to get past that length. It is a huge advantage on most things

Dude, roller opponents are a completely different animal, nobody beats them, or has even came close to gaining an advantage.  

You must be wrong threaded.  

Its an advantage for sure in striking and in clinch or closed guard. In scrambles, punching range, or defending a shot it is a disadvantage. This is why you often saw Sean Sherk beating taller fighters. He only fought from the non-advantage ranges for taller fighters. 

I’d bet in total the younger fighter does.