Does this look like brand new Motor Oil?

Really depends on how dirty the inside of that engine is?

What brand and weight of oil?

that oil doesn't look like 7200 on it, id say it's fresh

Doesn't look new to me, but some of those cheap places use recycled oil too.

PoiuPoiu - taste a dab with your finger.

new will have a slight roasted taste
old will have a burnt taste
When I was a kid I spotted a tub of vanilla ice cream on the counter, I thought my mum had forgotten to put it back in the freezer. I opened the tub with great excitement, nothing better than slightly melted ice cream right. As I took the lid off, I saw that it was black??!! I thought what? maybe they made a mistake and put chocolate in there instead? Part of my brain told me " its oil stupid!" but the fat kid in me said " well there's only one way to find out!" So i dipped my finger in, then shoved my finger in my mouth and................. it was oil.

KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 

How can a man not be able to change his own oil, I’ll never understand that

Being able to and having the desire to do it are two very different things you fucking caveman.

Is the filter new?

Hard to say.

A drop of oil makes it hard to tell.

It depends on how dirty the engine is too.

For the cost of the change I would just do it again yourself if you're that concerned.

Dead President -

Rub a little on your asshole. For no other reason than it feels good.

This guy gets it.

That fat kid/chocolate ice cream story! I'm fucking dying. Hahaha.

Russ - that oil doesn't look like 7200 on it, id say it's fresh

This.  7200 on it would look a lot darker than this

Take it to a place that does only oil changes and battery changes.

Odd as it may sound Walmarts that have an auto section. They do a lot for very little and the guys have almost no reason or opportunity to screw with you.

Also, if you find a good one, we use Firestone. They only do oil changes and tires basically, and inspections. They do not screw with you and don't do things like change your wiperblades on inspections without telling you (which is one way inspection stations like to screw you).

It's not that expensive and then when you're done check the oil. If it looks light and clean then get a pic of it and the pic you took and take the car back to the place that may have screwed you and demand a refund!

WidespreadPanic -

Take it to a place that does only oil changes and battery changes.

Odd as it may sound Walmarts that have an auto section. They do a lot for very little and the guys have almost no reason or opportunity to screw with you.

Also, if you find a good one, we use Firestone. They only do oil changes and tires basically, and inspections. They do not screw with you and don't do things like change your wiperblades on inspections without telling you (which is one way inspection stations like to screw you).

It's not that expensive and then when you're done check the oil. If it looks light and clean then get a pic of it and the pic you took and take the car back to the place that may have screwed you and demand a refund!

Sadly I took it to a place that always is a line and just does Oil Changes and Wipers etc. it’s a nice place so I assumed it would be legit.

Now upon further inspection they also left the skid plate off and the fasteners are missing.

Im pissed. Called corporate. Will be getting reprocussions soon. And a free oil change and a different location.

If they changed filter they changed the oil wouldn't be very fun job changing a filter with engine full of oil.

Judge Mental -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff - why did you go to such a worthless place to get this done?

doesn't look new

how hard is it to change some god damn oil? this isn't rocket science man.

Well you paid someone else to do it. Takes less than 20 minutes and you know the oil is new.....

Another possible factor is maybe they didn’t change the filter.

Judge Mental -

Being able to and having the desire to do it are two very different things you fucking caveman.

They have sex changes now for people who desire to be women

PoiuPoiu -

its been a decade plus since ive dont it, but legally disposing of the used oil can be a pain in the ass in some areas

Just have to take it to pretty much any auto parts store, or almost any garbage dump has a section for it

you can have it tested. go get a test kit from napa and send it off. then you will know if you can trust those fuckers.

It looks like they didn't give it a full drain. There can be up to a quarter of a quart of oil left in the pan while it trickles out of the drain for several minutes.

If she runs 7200 miles between changes, make sure you get an upgraded oil filter, not just oil that can run that long.

Doesn't look fresh , could mean several things though . Does the oil smell like it has a ton of fuel in it ? What make ,model and weight of oil is it supposed to be ?