does this make me a pu$$y?

I have severe migraines with auras that make me blind for a couple hours on general. I have them 1-2 times a week.

My last job which i had for 10 years was understanding about it. It still sucked but when it got to bad they let me go home.

My new job is not understanding. I had one today and they told me basically I wasnt cut out for working there. Sounds like they are considering firing me. I didnt even ask to go home but my speech was slurred and I couldnt concentrate so they sent me home.

Anyway im considering trying for disability.

Would that make me a beta?

I dont want to be a government leech but I dont know what to do when its near impossible to work 2 days of the week at random.

Oh and yes ive been to the hospital and doctors many times. There is nothing that can be done. Ive tried everything they could offer me.

If it was just the pain id never consider it. but I go legally blind, speech gets slurred, I get confused, I get dizzy, and i throw up.

had them since i was 7 years old.

How about go see a doctor and find out what's wrong with you? Migraines and temporary blindness are highly unusual. Phone Post 3.0

GOREILLAMAN - JK that shit is rough man. What's doc say?

docs said they are ocular migraines. They do not have a treatment other than normal migraine medicine which treats the pain but none of the other effects.

My bad didn't see you post that. There has to be someone who specializes in migraines. Don't just go see one doctor Phone Post 3.0

You sir, are a faggot of the highest distinction.

baj54 - How about go see a doctor and find out what's wrong with you? Migraines and temporary blindness are highly unusual. Phone Post 3.0

Not neccessarily. People can get excrusiating migranes that cause all kinds of shit (my bff is one of those peeps) but there is medicine that can fix that. GO TO THE DOCTOR TUNABURN. 

Was there no catalyst to the migraines? They just started out of the blue one day?

I get them, but not to that extent. I get the color auras, blurred vision. Usually goes away 2hrs tops for me.

Doubt you can file for disability, but worthy of investigation.

And it doesnt make you a pussy. Asking if this makes you a pussy makes you a pussy.

That sucks!

Good luck...pussy.

JK :) Phone Post 3.0

Have you tried Advil?

Why aren't you still at your first job that was understanding for 10 years?

People are ignorant and have no idea how severe migraines get.

I literally lose three to four days at a time when I get severe migraines if I'm not treating it and I've had to go on an IV drip for medication before. Finally with prescriptions (have you tried tryptan 5HT agonists yet?), I've managed to get a handle on it, but you're not at all a pussy.

I lose vision and hearing, start violently vomitting for hours and hours on end and will literally have a day long minimum of excruciating pain if I don't treat it at all -- even more annoying is even after passing I have a wierd hangover stage for about two days where I've just got diarrhea stomach cramps and am generally fucked up. Having broken my leg, cracked my skull, I've gotten dropped with liver shots or stunned badly in boxing, fully torn my ankle ligament and had a partial tear in my ACL... I can honestly say there's nothing I hate as much as a full blown migraine if I don't have my medication.

Get an MRI first to make sure it's nothing physical (there are some other diagnostics that are important, but if you don't have free health care I guess that might not be an option), and learn your triggers. Stress, sleep, dietary considerations, caffeine... These are all things you should be trying to figure out along with different classes of drugs

Why are you a pro fighter? Makes no sense.

Go for disability , you at least have a legit reason Phone Post 3.0

Girl I mountain bike with gets these. I think she has some sort of candida infection so you might want to look into that. Also she said decreasing her caffeine intake helped.

There is a intermittent FMLA that would protect your job. Perhaps this would be the best answer. Phone Post 3.0

what kind of work do you do OP?

tunaburn - I have severe migraines with auras that make me blind for a couple hours on general. I have them 1-2 times a week.

My last job which i had for 10 years was understanding about it. It still sucked but when it got to bad they let me go home.

My new job is not understanding. I had one today and they told me basically I wasnt cut out for working there. Sounds like they are considering firing me. I didnt even ask to go home but my speech was slurred and I couldnt concentrate so they sent me home.

Anyway im considering trying for disability.

Would that make me a beta?

I dont want to be a government leech but I dont know what to do when its near impossible to work 2 days of the week at random.
No. It doesn't make you a pussy.

My wife suffers from chronic daily migraines, and I have to watch her suffer on a regular basis. It sucks on so many levels. In 2010, they got so bad she had to retire from teaching after just 8 years. The school district's union helped her get a retirement disability pension, but it's not much--$1500 a month. About 75 percent of her free time is spent dealing with meds, doctor visits and insurance hassles. It's legit. I have no doubts. Her medication list reads like a Chinese take-out menu. It's put a tremendous strain on our marriage. We have two 3-year old twin daughters and much of the burden of raising them falls on me when she's down and out with one. That's in addition to trying to build my own business. Migraines are the real deal and anyone who thinks otherwise can STFU or GTFO. Phone Post 3.0

Dude, I feel your pain. I don't even fuck around anymore. Relpax, Sumatriptan etc don't seem to work at times. Once a headache lasts more than 12 hours and my migraine meds don't work, I go straight to the ER. A few shots of Dilaudid/Toradol/plus some other shit I cannot remember the name of, and I have no more migraine.