Does this man exist in the US?

Just wondering if this is a cultural trait specific only to Australians - I'm guessing not.

I've been around this type of bloke (man) quite a lot growing up.

Firstly, he never gives compliments to others. Ever. When confronted with a topic/accomplishment that had nothing to do with him, he will remain silent. The words 'wow', 'that's awesome', 'well done' are never heard from him.

Second, he is cock sure about everything he says. Rarely willing to listen to others' views, and when they provide great proof against his own belief/s, he still won't sway. He is ALMOST a know it all, except he won't generally speak until he's spoken to.

Third, he's normally overtly macho, but quite often has no real cause to be.

It's hard for me to really put my finger on it, but yeah, that's generally this person. I watched the video yesterday of Hickson hanging with Eddie and Hogan, and I was so impressed with how humble/unlike the above they all were. All gurus in their own right, yet so willing to listen to others' views. Got me thinking why some males I've known just aren't like that.

Anyone in the US/UK etc have any experience with this type of person?

Walk into any Buffalo Wild Wings on UFC fight night. The place is filled with guys you just described.

You have been in the OG since 2009. You know the answer Phone Post 3.0

You just wrote the preface to my fathers biography. Phone Post 3.0

Haha both quality responses. Looks like they may be everywhere, then.

Jawsome - You just wrote the preface to my fathers biography. Phone Post 3.0

Wow, really? How did you go growing up around it? My uncle was/is the same, and it drives me nuts being around him.

the_b00ts - You just described my old manager, except he's pretty ignorant. He went to college and is used to being around blue collar guys that aren't as smart as him. When I came in, we immediately butted heads because I would call him on his bullshit. I used to flipped his desktop upside down on his computer and watch him try to figure it out until he would walk off to go and get someone else. I'd flip it back before they returned. It was fun. You could tell people of higher intelligence threatened him. He constantly talked down to people and never gave them recognition. He would shoot down good ideas and then use those same ideas as his own.

I'm the opposite. If someone shows initiative, I'm there to help them along. Phone Post 3.0

I, too, butt heads with these guys, but feel like I'm just being difficult. It's reassuring to hear others get the shits. And that's a great prank to play on someone of that nature - great stuff!

He's struggle snuggling with his own sexuality Phone Post 3.0

Jawsome - You just wrote the preface to my fathers biography. Phone Post 3.0
Ha! Mine too. Phone Post 3.0

tiger07 - Just wondering if this is a cultural trait specific only to Australians - I'm guessing not.

I've been around this type of bloke (man) quite a lot growing up.

Firstly, he never gives compliments to others. Ever. When confronted with a topic/accomplishment that had nothing to do with him, he will remain silent. The words 'wow', 'that's awesome', 'well done' are never heard from him.

Second, he is cock sure about everything he says. Rarely willing to listen to others' views, and when they provide great proof against his own belief/s, he still won't sway. He is ALMOST a know it all, except he won't generally speak until he's spoken to.

Third, he's normally overtly macho, but quite often has no real cause to be.

It's hard for me to really put my finger on it, but yeah, that's generally this person. I watched the video yesterday of Hickson hanging with Eddie and Hogan, and I was so impressed with how humble/unlike the above they all were. All gurus in their own right, yet so willing to listen to others' views. Got me thinking why some males I've known just aren't like that.

Anyone in the US/UK etc have any experience with this type of person?
He's got Asperger's, asshole!!! Phone Post 3.0

tiger07 -
Jawsome - You just wrote the preface to my fathers biography. Phone Post 3.0

Wow, really? How did you go growing up around it? My uncle was/is the same, and it drives me nuts being around him.
I only saw him every other weekend, but I fucking hated him and was also terrified of him. We are actually pretty close now. He has mellowed out some, but he's still a prick. Phone Post 3.0